I have an HP DV6915NR with a Pioneer DVD R/W. My issue is that I recently installed software to help me author a few movies I copied with my VCR-DVD burner combo. As I was testing the software I downloaded, one of them asked me about the Region my DVD Rom had (in order to rip the DVD into a file) and as I didn't understand the question I responded that it was Region Free - which I know now it is incorrect. Some of the sofware I was testing I uninstalled so I cannot remember which softare this was. Well, now, all of the sudden my DVD Rom will burn DVD Movies (VOD), read and burn CDs, but it will not play Region 1 DVDs (although it plays Region Free DVDs). Odd, uh? My DVD is set to Region 1 both on the Device Drivers section and I checked for registry entries, which also read Region 1. I have no filters in my regystry either. I cannot find the solution to my problem. I know it is not a dying DVD Rom because it can accurately burn DVDs. Anyone could shed some light about this issue? Anyone with a similar or same issue?

Thanks.