Multimedia Controller Dell Dimension 2400

Thread: Multimedia Controller Dell Dimension 2400

Red face Multimedia Controller Dell Dimension 2400

I have a dell dimension 2400 with XP Home. I haven't used it for some time and I updated all my apps and Windows.Then updated the drivers but the only one that worked was the Intel universal host controller 24. I have no sound. I had soundmax audio on it before and could hear others in voice chat but had no mic or webcam. I attached a webcam, downloaded the drivers for it and got it working but have no sound at all. I went to cnet to update to SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio 5.12.02.5280 it instructed me to uninstall it first,so I did, then upon re-intalling it I got a message that it wasn't compatible with my hardware. I later read this in the Cnet review for this download link: (Cons: Cnet should not have advised software update. Instructions read to first remove existing drivers. New drivers would not install "audio driver files do not suport your computer hardware." Had to re-install from the original Intel motherboard CD.)
    So I am not the only one who had the same problem. So I decided to try Real Tek Audio AC97 Codec and a message came up saying it had not been tested by windows logo but since I downloaded it fine on another friends pc that had xp home I went ahead. I didn't think of it possibly not being compatible with my Dell pc. Well, it shut down my pc and I had to restart in safemode and then I removed it in add/remove. So I assume it is not compatible with my dell dimension 2400? When it shut down it went to a blue screen that said to check to see if video adapter needed to be changed or BIOS updated but to check with vendor ??? After I rebooted in Safe Mode,removed it, rebooted again, then the found new hardware box came up with multimedia controller found but when I tried to install it did not find software.
    There are 2 big yellow question marks under other devices in the device manager. One says multimedia controller and the other says ethernet controller. The only audio drivers I could find on Dell site for Dell Dimension 2400 with XP is ADI 198x Integrated Audio,Creative Labs-patch/upgrade Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Digital and Soundblaster Live 24 bit. Is the ADI 198x Integrated Audio the multimedia controller and the one I need? If not can you please tell me what one I need and what ethernet controller I need. I tried updating the Realtek RT2 8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC driver that is there in the device list but it only said it could not find a better one yet when I did a scan for drivers needed it said this needed to be updated.
    I will greatly appreciate any help.

TYVM
    Kakwi

Have you used the Service Tag route? That gets the original as-shipped drivers for that specific computer.

Indeed thats the way to go.
    http://support.dell.com/support/inde...=ca&l=en&s=dhs
    Go there Click on Drivers and Downloads.
    Then input the Service Tag number off the back of your computer.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html