I just did a server refresh on a server farm made up of 9 Windows Server 2003 servers. I installed Server 2003 Enterprise R2, sp3 clean with all updates. The 9 servers are as identically configured as I can make them.

One of the servers is giving us printing problems. When a regular user (without local admin on the server) logs in, their network printers say “Opening” for a long time, or even indefinitely, & sometimes goes to “Unable to connect”. If an admin level account logs in, printers load normally.

In Group Policy on each server I have the following Printer related settings;

Computer Config > Admin Template > Printers > “Disallow the installation of printers using Kernel mode drivers” = Disabled & “Allow Print Spooler to accept Client Connections” = Enabled.

User Config > Admin Template > Control Panel > Printers > “Point & Print Restriction” = Disabled & “Prevent the addition of printers” = Disabled.
We're using Active Directory with Terminal Services Roaming Profiles stored on a SAN. I have User Profile Hive Cleanup version 2 installed, with the registry value;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\UPHClean\Parameters\SHARING_VIOLATION_REMAP set to "1" as recommended.

Computer Config > Administrative Templates > System > User Profiles > Delete cached copies of Roaming Profiles set to enabled.

I have given the appropriate user group FC permissions to the Spool folder on each server.

The appropriate group is in the Remote Desktop Users group on each server.

Again, this is one of nine identical servers, so I'm perplexed as to why this one would be different.

I’m not sure where else to look.

~Dave