Look out, Kindle!

Thread: Look out, Kindle!

Look out, Kindle!

" I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

looks like a great product. But I don't think it will be as popular as the kindle. The skiff looks like it's designed for full page display, so it will be good for newspapers and webblogs and such, that's not the major target audience of the kindle.

The kindle is more of a book then a newspaper, allowing for anotations and as a bonus, get's RSS feeds and such.

Personaly, I went with a Sony e-reader a while back, I use mine exclusively for reading novels. I did not like the licensing that the kindle uses, so i skipped out on that one.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

A nice thing about paperbacks is that if your wife drops one while she's relaxing in the tub and reading, you are only out $8. But, here's an interesting product that will be available this Spring. Though it would have been nice if they had gotten to market a bit sooner.

Hmm... Nice find!
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Now that's what I'd prefer to use! The kindle just never seemed the thing to read from for me.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.