Hey.

This is my first post here.
I am working as an IT-supporter at a small company. Recently we have had a problem with our roaming profiles.
We installed Windws 7 on a few pc's, and after that, whenever someone logged onto those computers, their roaming profiles on Server 2003 could not update.
The users are owners and have full control over their folders on the server, but when they modify something e.g desktop, their profile folder (\\server\profiles\%USERNAME%) doesn't update.
Windows 7 works with a different set of roaming profiles than older versions, and in regedit I can see that W7 makes a new folder named %USERNAME%.V2, but it doesn't get created on the server automatically.
I have tried creating the folder, renaming the path in Active Directory, Deleting the local user, changing the path of the user in gpedit, changing permissions on the server, and basicly everything I have been able to find as answers on google.
I have also tried rebooting and updating the server, but that didn't work neither.
Different solutions have given different results. The 3 results I have had so far are the following:
- Windows cannot get the info from the server to read the roaming profile, and a local temporary profile is created.
- Instead of a temporary profile, Windows creates a folder for the user, but the profile is still local.
- Windows reads the roaming profile, and all your files are downloaded to the local computer, but it does not update when you log off, and any changes are lost.

The event log shows events 1504 and 1521 when logging on and off.

If anyone has any relevant input, it would be greatly appriciated, as this issue effects the entire company.

Best regards
Kenneth Thaarup