Finding flaws within W7?

Thread: Finding flaws within W7?

Finding flaws within W7?

If I was be hacked through the internet, is there a way to know? is there a log within window 7 that I can check?

is there also a way too make my computer hack free? I know turning off my internet is one way but is there anything else I can do to make it hack free like software?

I'm using a Netgear router on camcast cable

Thanks

I am not sure what your asking.
    Windows 7 is the most secure system
    ever made by Microsoft.
    Also you are behind a router.
    What are these flaws you speak of?
    Why are you worried about being hacked?
    Have you been doing something to be concerned about?
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

The Majority of the hacks now days work through programs and/or user exploits.

Meaning, it's almost impossible now to hack windows directly. However, it's much easier to hack Flash, since flash has admin rights, the system can then be compromised. If they don't come at you this way, they will try to create pop-ups/e-mails that look legitimate that you might click on, that one click would be enough to infect a system.

Has for log files and such.. most things hide from those very very well. I find my best indication is the activity light on a router or the hard drive activity light.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Sorry, but there's no such thing as a 100% secure operating system, no matter what precautions you take, or what OS you use. To make matters worse, malware is evolving faster than our defenses.

I suggest a good AV/Antimalware like NOD32 with regular supplementary scans by Malwarebytes AntiMalware and Spybot Search and Destroy, but you have to be aware that the Internet has turned into something of a minefield, and behave accordingly.

Also, in addition to the great advice already given, always surf the web with an account that has no admin priveleges, and put a secure password on all admin accounts.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Thanks everyone for your input, srry for taking long to respond, been bizzy, I understand that its hard to hack someones PC through a router, yes but only for a regular guy and not for a pro... I know for a fact that my computers been hacked a hundred times or better, not so much to rob, but to peep, they were attacking the camera and mic on the PC.. Actually seen the cam move.....

What I would like to know is is there a foot print left behind? If your breaking in they have to be leaving something behind like a IP RIGHT? Is there a place where I can fine this even if its a bogus IP? What I need is proof!!! If I went to my service provider would they be able too know that these attacks took place..

I want to add also that Law enforcement have been involved for quiet sometime but they don't give out to much info.
    Last edited by stone0075; July 3rd, 2010 at 05:52 PM.

Ummmm if you dont know where to look to see if someone was in your pc how do you know its been hacked a 100 times?
    And what does"Law Enforcement" mean?
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    www.northernaurora.net

Just to ease some of your concerns. Unless you're a business, law firm, hospital, or a government agency hackers really could care less what's on someons computer let alone make a habit of visiting a home users computer. Unless there was something relating to work that ties to the first things listed on the computer it's useless to them. Hackers who are pros really have no interst in home user computers and generally never will. They're in it for the profit and the knowledge they can attain. They really can't be concerned with one persons surfing habits and bank info. Unless you're rich beyond belief. The 2 factors that would change this are A you were surfing where you shouldn't have been and the law will find that out. or B you personally know a hacker in real life that you made a big time enemy out of and you'd already know who this person is.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Niclo Iste View Post
    Just to ease some of your concerns. Unless you're a business, law firm, hospital, or a government agency hackers really could care less what's on someons computer let alone make a habit of visiting a home users computer. Unless there was something relating to work that ties to the first things listed on the computer it's useless to them. Hackers who are pros really have no interst in home user computers and generally never will. They're in it for the profit and the knowledge they can attain. They really can't be concerned with one persons surfing habits and bank info. Unless you're rich beyond belief. The 2 factors that would change this are A you were surfing where you shouldn't have been and the law will find that out. or B you personally know a hacker in real life that you made a big time enemy out of and you'd already know who this person is.
    EGG Zactly
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    www.northernaurora.net

Quote Originally Posted by Niclo Iste View Post
    ( B ) LMAO! Some people dont play well with others, especially when it deals in corruption..

If you are saying B is your situation then in that case he reads your mail so to say and already knows about your inquiries here. He also will do his homework to counter the advice we give. I suggest You keep your important files on another system and treat your pc as a dummy system. Really you're not going to get far if you know nothing about hacking or how to counter it. I could send you links to firewalls that you can use but they are all ones you must put hours upon hours into just to program them plus would rely on you using another computer to host the firewall as it would be similar to running an operating system on that box. Since you know the name of your attacker several things come to mind. One of which is give his name to the authorities. Two have proof because running around and pointing at people and screaming they're a hacker won't get you far and label you a fool. Three find a good private investigator to research this fellow. And finally four find new friends if this is the crowd you associate with and yet fear at the same time.
    One Script to find them.

I gotcha man.. I sent a pm.. Thanks for the advice!

As always, excellent advice, Niclo!
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Quote Originally Posted by Guts3d View Post
    As always, excellent advice, Niclo!
    Thanks Guts
    One Script to find them.