[RESOLVED] Power on Password on Toshiba Satellite 2250CDT

Thread: [RESOLVED] Power on Password on Toshiba Satellite 2250CDT

b_fleury

Post Power on Password on Toshiba Satellite 2250CDT

Hi all. I have a customer with a Toshiba Satellite 2250CDT with a power on password on it. The password was set by one of their ex-employees, and they have no way of getting the password. What I need to know is does anyone know of a way of resetting this password without having to rip apart the system?

Any help appreciated.

Bill

------------------
    For the triumph of evil, it is only necessary that good men do nothing
    (source unknown)

you need a special loopback on the parallel port. read my response in this post for the correct wiring to make this loopback

http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin...ML/003497.html

------------------
    She may have only been a prostitute, but she had the prettiest face I ever came across

b_fleury

Thanks alot DamnedAngel, I'll give it a shot!

b_fleury

No luck, tried using the design on the site posted, and it still didn't work. Any other suggestions?

It will work, the wiring schematics I posted were taken directly from the loopback that I got from my traning with Toshiba. When you put the loopback on and power up the machine, does it go past the password? If so it is working. Now all you need to do is hold esc when powering up the unit and it will take you to the bios settings where you can disable the password forever. Let me know exactly the steps you are taking and exactly what it says on the screen if you are still having problems.

------------------
    If it aint broke......use a bigger hammer

DesertEagle

I have used the adapter thingy on a Toshiba Tecra and it reomved the password automatically and forever. I used it about 3 months ago and for one brief instant I was DA MAN !!!

------------------
    "Congress, the opposite of Progress"
    Gallagher

MightyK

I have the same password problem with the Thinkpad from IBM. I tried to boot up with the power on password pads short-circuited, but that didn't work either. How can I get rid of this password? I bought the notebook from a person only 2 months ago, now it started asking for password and displying several error. I can't get into the BIOS. Help!!!!!

Robinssong

Hi,

I used to do warranty work for Toshiba. You need a special Toshiba Parallel Port Loopback to remove the password. At least that's how it used to be. I don't know of any way around it. I think they are about $70.00 from Toshiba. Or you can get a full Toshiba kit for around $150.00. You might have to be Toshiba Authorized Technician to purchase this item. Which means you have an A+ cert and your company pays $$$.

Not the answer you wanted to hear I am sure.

------------------
    Robin

DesertEagle

Tell Toshiba to kiss off and buy a cheap soldering iron, some rosin core solder (the thin stuff) , a 25 pin D header and cover, and some 24 gauge wire from radio shack and find the pinout on the web. I was thinking of selling some for 15 bucks if anyone is interested. I give them to clients all the time and it makes me more buisness than if
    made them keep calling me to remove the password.

------------------
    "Congress, the opposite of Progress"
    Gallagher

Is this Toshiba BIOS password or Windows Password?

BIOS Password can be cleared by CMOS reset, but you would have to crack it open to get to CMOS battery.
    Link below is a tutorial for Bios
    Reset Toshiba Satellite BIOS Password

Windows Password can be force changed with a bootable USB thumb drive with a Windows Password Recovery Tool using a Linux Distro. I am guessing you dont have a CD or DVD drive, so you will have to create a bootable USB drive with the password reset tool. OR reinstall Windows via External CD or DVD Drive and software or create a bootable thumb drive of say 8GB in size with the OEM disk copied to that drive if it allows with piracy protection maybe not allowing OEM CD or DVD to be copied to another drive.
    Last edited by Platypus; May 31st, 2011 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Link removed

Since only reason to resurrect ten year old topic appears to be an advertising link, topic closed.