Yet another MMO, RIFT
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yet another MMO, RIFT

Yet another MMO, RIFT

So is anyone playing this? We're wanting to find people for casual play to hang out with. I'm at work but I'll find the server we're on if anyone responds.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

My 16 year old daughter was a big WOW player up until the point where she had maxed out virtually every race and character class in the game. I think she had a Death Knight on every WOW server. Tail end of last year, she got bored with the game, and I killed the account.

Following the release of Cataclysm, she had me reactive our WOW account. She already has a bunch of level 78 and 79 level characters (already bored with WOW) and she really wants to play Rift.

Well I got to take a look, we're on the gnarlwood server/shard. Rift is fun, I didn't play WoW enough to know how to compae the two games. However it seems a lot of people like to argue that it's not the same as WoW since it has a free form class building structure. If you decide to get it let me know.
    One Script to find them.

Downloaded Rift, and installed it. The kid thinks if she can get me to play, I'm more likely to to cough up the dough. Probably a day or so before I take it for a test drive because I'm covered up. But she already likes it and wants it.

Sounds good, we're the guardians on the server so if you join those pesky defiant I'll have to stab you during pvp.
    One Script to find them.

The drama continues. Daughter is learning to drive and wants a vehicle. Of course, everything she wants costs more than the vehicles my wife and I drive. Combined. We also once again got around to the "J" word. No job, no car.

In a similar vein, I said, "You know, you're not going to have an account on every online game in the world that you play for 10 minutes a month." I mean, I got WOW because my younger girl wanted it, but then she wouldn't play. Next my wife wanted Wizards 101. Fine, that's her dime.

Anyway, I finally said "Look! Rift or WOW! Choose Child!" Took about 2 seconds. I'll get the Rift account set up ASAP. Just an FYI, I think she played through Dragon Age: Origins in about 11 minutes, and she scares me.

My daughter used her free time creating a Rouge Ranger Riftstalker (level 6 in about an hour, I'm told) who is supposed to be a beast with her bow and some other stuff I zoned out on. Heck, I thought I'd just be a Pyromancer and blow stuff up. Might be up for changing character classes, but I think I can do explosions.

Edit: Aren't all the great wizards like Gandalf sorta eccentric and senile?
    Last edited by slgrieb; April 19th, 2011 at 07:32 PM.

Of course, and you'd fit in perfectly! I hear the chloromancers are good, and I have no idea what they mix it with but the fire are supposed to have some hella AOEs.
    One Script to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Niclo Iste View Post
    Of course, and you'd fit in perfectly! I hear the chloromancers are good, and I have no idea what they mix it with but the fire are supposed to have some hella AOEs.
    So, waiting on this pretty big download to my PC, and when that's over I'll activate my daughter's account. arewetheryet? arewetheryet? Since my beloved child spent our free trial while she was sent home from school with a possible case of strep throat, I haven't played yet; 6 levels in an hour. For most games that wouldn't be too shabby. Rift? IDK. Mistress of the art, or poser?

Just trying to get a feel for how much trash talk I can give her.
    Last edited by slgrieb; April 19th, 2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: More smartass remarks.

And yes, she's started reading these posts. Beats being hung up (so to speak) on boys.

Hehe, well I'm looking forward to hearing from you in the game. Btw I'm very creative with my game names so to help you find me just add the name Niclo to your friend list in the game.
    One Script to find them.

The kid had a charactier on another server, so she recreated it on gnarlwood, and is up and running. I've been super busy, and also got derailed further by having my office router crap out. Geez, can you do anything in the tech biz without an Internet connection anymore?

Just started playing, and created a High Elf Pyromancer who just obtained a second soul and went for Elementalist. My character revels in the name Slobberchops. yes. really. I mean, you can't take all this High Fantasy too seriously or you lose perspective. I think my daughter has the right take on the game: just kill everything. But doubtful that I'll be online 'till Friday evening. She'll play as long as she isn't physically removed from the computer I guess. We'll get synched up.

Got into some PVP arenas last night and I just had to brag, as a cleric class I feel I had made an achievement. I was the highest damage output with 31500 and highest for both teams for the match. Only to be followed by someone who did 8000 less than me. My friend claims the clerics are an OP class but to be honest I had to work my butt off for that output, plus it was based on AOE attacks which I was lucky to pull off on their entire team at once several times. BTW yes I tried to recreate it but I couldn't. So definately this was a score based on luck with the enemy huddling together.
    One Script to find them.

So where is SL hiding? I never see you on in RIFT! BTW my GF and I hit 50, and did our first T1 raid. It was her first raid ever and on top of that as the lead tank. At first it was a bit rough but after the off tank showed her the ropes she did a fantastic job. Anyway it's 30 minutes into my shift I can't write a full story. Just wanted to keep the thread alive and see what's goin on.
    One Script to find them.

Oh, I'm not dead, just suffering a severe case of recto-cranial impaction and a higher level of chaos and disorder than my standard already high level. Didn't have a chance to play for a solid week. Then we (duaghter) and I had a day or so of serious connection issues. This weekend, I pulled the water pump from the Suburban. 3 days later, I'm still trying to get enough of a break to put on the new pump. I'll drop a line soonest.