Yet another MMO, RIFT

Thread: Yet another MMO, RIFT

Hybrid View

Yet another MMO, RIFT

So is anyone playing this? We're wanting to find people for casual play to hang out with. I'm at work but I'll find the server we're on if anyone responds.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

My 16 year old daughter was a big WOW player up until the point where she had maxed out virtually every race and character class in the game. I think she had a Death Knight on every WOW server. Tail end of last year, she got bored with the game, and I killed the account.

Following the release of Cataclysm, she had me reactive our WOW account. She already has a bunch of level 78 and 79 level characters (already bored with WOW) and she really wants to play Rift.

Well I got to take a look, we're on the gnarlwood server/shard. Rift is fun, I didn't play WoW enough to know how to compae the two games. However it seems a lot of people like to argue that it's not the same as WoW since it has a free form class building structure. If you decide to get it let me know.
    One Script to find them.

Downloaded Rift, and installed it. The kid thinks if she can get me to play, I'm more likely to to cough up the dough. Probably a day or so before I take it for a test drive because I'm covered up. But she already likes it and wants it.

Sounds good, we're the guardians on the server so if you join those pesky defiant I'll have to stab you during pvp.
    One Script to find them.

The drama continues. Daughter is learning to drive and wants a vehicle. Of course, everything she wants costs more than the vehicles my wife and I drive. Combined. We also once again got around to the "J" word. No job, no car.

In a similar vein, I said, "You know, you're not going to have an account on every online game in the world that you play for 10 minutes a month." I mean, I got WOW because my younger girl wanted it, but then she wouldn't play. Next my wife wanted Wizards 101. Fine, that's her dime.

Anyway, I finally said "Look! Rift or WOW! Choose Child!" Took about 2 seconds. I'll get the Rift account set up ASAP. Just an FYI, I think she played through Dragon Age: Origins in about 11 minutes, and she scares me.