Yet another MMO, RIFT - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yet another MMO, RIFT

Semi-related post.

I successfully installed Rift on Ubuntu and it ran! Sadly the machine I tested this on had a shoddy video card incapable of handling the game but it does work. I may just image all of my machines and then make them all dual boot with Ubuntu now. In addition I will be giving myself a crash course on setting up an Ubuntu server and how to set up a VM environment on it hosting SBS 2003
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

I'm still out there, but I have been an infrequent flier of late. Poor old Slobberchops hasn't had a run in a week. He's still languishing at level 21. My entire Memorial Day "Holiday" consisted of performing driver duties for my kids social schedules, some minor auto maintenance, plus smoking a brisket. It was an 11 pounder, so that's like 18 hours on the smoker, basting, tending the fire, and guzzling beer to fight off dehydration since it was 105. Monday was spent praying for death (see 18 hours of guzzling beer). And of course, my Christmas present, a pre-ordered Witcher 2 showed up on the 25th, and so that consumed a lot of available gaming time. Maybe I should PM you and set up a playdate, if you still have a lower level character and GF is amenable.