What ever happened to the old Guys ??
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What ever happened to the old Guys ??

What ever happened to the old Guys ??

Okay, Just one question ? Well today anyway !

Where are all the Old WinDrivers guys ?

Like Driverguy (Scott), Sowulo, Thirdfey, SavagePenguin, PC Shark, Mad Dog, Taz, Larommi, ShawnMt, DamnedAngel, Tech 666, 3Fingersaulete, Jvaguy, Alien Dyne, Mr. Daren Wilson, Cobra Tec Max, Jimmr13 <me ???

Seen Mayet Sig. (still here)

Hey hey, that's a blast from the past! Nice to see ya.

I don't know what most of those names are doing these days - some went with Scott to a FAR place, DA can still mod here but haven't seen him for a while (too quiet) same for 3fs, Mayet had a lot to contend with IRL a while back and hasn't been active. Others I haven't heard any news.

I heard Cobra bit the big one and got married.

As for that FAR place, Scott doesn't come around much, he's like a silent partner these days.

Taz, Larommi and 3FS are still there. A lot of peeps left here and went over there, but even that place has slowed.

I chalk it up to people having lives and things to do.
    When you’re left out of the club, you know it, when you’re in the club, you don’t see what the problem is.

Cool...I joined this thread back in '95 or there abouts and stayed for years, but lurked int he background during the later times. I got irritated when they got bought or whatever happened then. Either way, I've been busy at work and all the usual excuses. Nice to be back tho!

Banned
    Im still around have yet to get a guest spot on howard stern ..
    And i dont do much with pc's i did root throgh my freinds trash that he would sell for 3 bucks a pound and coulda made alot more off the 486 ..
    Any way i have become poor and my ebay bill is 109 bucks for like 1000 in bizness sold 3 things gimme a break..
    I still got soem rants a cooking
    my english still sucks you will nedd and amcfreek to english mozilla or ie plugin to read my post's
    thanxz and since my suspension from gayest sight ever i just went to work ,, take vicodine now and soma and lidocain patches need to get them to up the scripts as they dont cut it i need oxycodone to get sh!t done

thanxz for askin and byw what happened to all my dam posts expecially teh one about where in teh world is ohsama like i posted that in like 01 nov dec????
    Before the movie
    i did predict where he was ..
    Cant say anny more or the feds will put me to work in a sweatfactory someplace ..
    Thanxz laters

G'day AMC, nice to see you - life always seems to be an adventure for you!

I don't know about your posts, but I do remember there was at least one time when posts were lost during forum software upgrades. I think I lost a few dozen at one point, so that could be a reason.

This place looks familiar...
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

This guy looks familiar...

Indeed, he reminds me a lot of what's-his-name.

I've got it! The Poster Formally Known as Adept!

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    I've got it! The Poster Formally Known as Adept!
    He knows too much.

*speaks off camera

You know what to do.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Gee, thanks for asking about me... Only one of the most prolific posters ever (before the posts counts got hosed)....

Sigh...

Anyway, if you want to know, there were several falling outs at different times. The Darren Wilson debacle and then there was the second Darren Debacle when it was pretty much the site vs Darren as Darren ripped a lot of people off monetarily or something (never did get a clear answer on that), and the time when Curt got POed at Scott then the time when Scott got replaced. It's a long and sorted past, we all miss old people that are never to return.

Most folks are at FAR and Curt's got site at UFO but you need to email him to get in. Cobra and Darren had a site for 5 minutes before Darrengate destroyed the community the 1st time.

Presently, most of us are on facebook, though FAR remains the most prolific site.

Also, if someone, cough cough jimmr cough cough, had his PM's allowed things might be easier....
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; July 15th, 2011 at 05:24 AM.

Actually, I would add that an increasing problem with any tech forum is posters who think they know more than the people they ask for help. And most of them can't follow simple instructions. See also: People who think they know everything are very annoying to those of us who do.

Nevertheless, I'm sure you get my drift. How many times can some idiot post a thread like "What's The Best Free AV?" without even bothering to read the stickies or just do a search on the forum? Is it any wonder that many of these posts only get responses from folks who lack competency? As computers increasingly become commoditized, so do support forums. It just isn't much fun anymore.

Well said Slgrieb! I have actually had callers ask how to do X and then proceed to argue with me as "That's not how my nephew-cousin-paperboy-etc. said to do it!" My response is always, "Oh, good. Call them".
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Actually, I would add that an increasing problem with any tech forum is posters who think they know more than the people they ask for help. And most of them can't follow simple instructions. See also: People who think they know everything are very annoying to those of us who do.

Nevertheless, I'm sure you get my drift. How many times can some idiot post a thread like "What's The Best Free AV?" without even bothering to read the stickies or just do a search on the forum? Is it any wonder that many of these posts only get responses from folks who lack competency? As computers increasingly become commoditized, so do support forums. It just isn't much fun anymore.
    That is part of the issue that generates apathy but for here, the main issues was a series of very strong and angry disagreements of one type or another. The biggest one was when the founder of the site was let go and the bulk of folks followed or earlier on when the head mods had major disagreements with him or others and took people with them too. There were several mass exoduses and often times most folks came back until the last few at which point the camels back had been broken.

I'd post the sites the old heads are at but we agreed not to do so per instruction from the last site admin, whom I've no clue if they continue to work here or not. That said, neither site really is for tech support, it's more for bulls***ing now.

An odd note, why the heck is my post count so low? I used to have like 30k posts...