One More Good Reason to Say "NO" to Facebook
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One More Good Reason to Say "NO" to Facebook

One More Good Reason to Say "NO" to Facebook

Mark Zuckerberg shares with us his commitment to only eating meat he has killed himself. Gotta wonder how his girl friend may feel on this issue. Full story. You'll also enjoy the comments.
    Last edited by slgrieb; May 29th, 2011 at 11:19 AM.

Reminds me of the "Restaurant at the End of the Universe" where Zaphod Beeblebrox, Trillian, and Arthur Dent get to "Meet the Meat".
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Mark Zuckerberg shares with us his commitment to only eating meat he has killed himself. Gotta wonder how his girl friend may feel on this issue
    I fail to see the issue... maybe because I've killed chicken myself and witnessed slaughtering of pigs and lambs...
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    I fail to see the issue... maybe because I've killed chicken myself and witnessed slaughtering of pigs and lambs...
    That's OK CeeBee, no one expects you to get it.

Edit: Doggone, forgot the smilie

I fail to get it too.

This is a great thing to do, you know your food source and you know it's not tampered with and no BS has been fed to the animals like hormones and antibiotics, etc. There is nothing wrong with proper animal husbandry and killing your own food vs dealing with supermarkets and the horror of the factory farm.

Ramsey did this too, on his show 'the F word', though he didn't slaughter his own animals, he took them to the slaughterhouse which isn't a horror show in GB as they actually have real regulators that observe the meat industry and ensure it's run in a certain manor, unlike here where we have watched the food industries systematically pay off every FDA employee or get laws passes that pulled out the teeth of the FDA. The slaughterhouses here used to be staffed by people who made decent money and were unionized and were safe, but now are staffed with a variable slave labor force of illegals.

The meat industry in the US is just evil. No one is giving it up for the most part though.
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; July 14th, 2011 at 10:01 AM.

Cool, I wonder if they'll have the same arguments when they have to go to Soylent Green.

I can see the argument now:

Killing people yourself and eating them is far more humane than having the government kill them for food processing!
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

ilovetheusers! Wow! That's a stab from the past! The humor that both you and CeeBee don't get is that Zuckerberg felt it was necessary to post this info on Facebook, when in fact NOBODY CARES! If Zuckerberg were to announce that he had eliminated toilet paper in his house in favor of using his hand and then washing up, would anyone give a rat's? Would it change many lives? Nope. Would it make news? Yep.

So, my post was intended to be a simultaneous comment on Zuckerberg's ego, and the absurdity of much of the content on Facebook. I kinda took a slap at the media too. See once again: NOBODY CARES.

The remark about Mark's girlfriend being concerned that he only eats what he has killed was just more of my characteristic juvenile humor that my wife absolutely hates. For those who are still confused, I would refer you to Volume 6 of Sir James Frazer's The Golden Bough in which he discusses the worship of the ancient Mother Goddess, and the rites of The Sacred Taco.

BTW, anyone worried about the quality of the meat they consume just needs to remember a single word: Kosher.

Whoah! People really need to stop listening to this and being so obsessed!
    Such trivial controversies of the rich and famous!

Quote Originally Posted by cookin chef View Post
    Whoah! People really need to stop listening to this and being so obsessed!
    Such trivial controversies of the rich and famous!
    Sounds as if there is an echo in the room

I wonder what Lady Gaga and Paris Hilton are up to these days.

I haven't been able to lead my life properly since I lost track of their media coverage.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate View Post
    A lady gone gaga and a french hotel? What are these mysteries of which you speak?

ilovetheusers! Wow! That's a stab from the past! The humor that both you and CeeBee don't get is that Zuckerberg felt it was necessary to post this info on Facebook, when in fact NOBODY CARES! If Zuckerberg were to announce that he had eliminated toilet paper in his house in favor of using his hand and then washing up, would anyone give a rat's? Would it change many lives? Nope. Would it make news? Yep.

So, my post was intended to be a simultaneous comment on Zuckerberg's ego, and the absurdity of much of the content on Facebook. I kinda took a slap at the media too. See once again: NOBODY CARES.

The remark about Mark's girlfriend being concerned that he only eats what he has killed was just more of my characteristic juvenile humor that my wife absolutely hates. For those who are still confused, I would refer you to Volume 6 of Sir James Frazer's The Golden Bough in which he discusses the worship of the ancient Mother Goddess, and the rites of The Sacred Taco.

Good to see ya again and I don't agree. I think that many people do change their habits after finding their is an alternative and that most folks don't have a clue that alternatives exist. Zuckerberg has an enormous following on FB, and if he gets a few folks thinking about WTF they eat then cool IMO.

I missed the humor. I guess your wife hates fart jokes huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate View Post

I haven't been able to lead my life properly since I lost track of their media coverage.
    GAGA was just on Sterns radio show on Monday, seemed like a really cool person, not the loon she appears to be. Also, she has an amazing voice and did a couple non electro songs on an old school piano. Chills...

That said I still can't stand her music.

BTW, anyone worried about the quality of the meat they consume just needs to remember a single word: Kosher.
    Or halal or organic. too $$ for me, I got married, adopted a couple kids figuratively), wife got sick and I'm very, very poor right now.

I get whatever's on sale and like it.