Win 7

Thread: Win 7

Win 7

I am curious if anyone has noticed any issues with Win 7 and IE 8.0 having problems bringing up linked pages? Hve several clients for example when they sign into a web site and then click on one of the links, the web page will come up but will show blank. Have turned popups off, have turned off UAC which helps in some cases, and even added to trusted sites to no avail. Anyone else have this issue? TIA
    It's not the computers that keep having problems, it's the users!!

Weird... using newest version of Java? Adobe Shockwave loaded? Is the computer using 64 bit with the 32 bit IE browser?I have had tremendous luck using the 32 bit browser on my 64 bit home machine.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Can't say I've encountered the issue on any client machines. Are they running any 3rd party firewalls, antimalware tools, or security suites that might be at fault? The only thing I can think of with IE offhand might be compatibility mode issues.

i had this on my own pc and never found a cureso i did a full clean reinstall and it never happened again,i hope someone finds a cure,reinstalling is a pain inthe ......

Quote Originally Posted by Guts3d View Post
    Weird... using newest version of Java? Adobe Shockwave loaded? Is the computer using 64 bit with the 32 bit IE browser?I have had tremendous luck using the 32 bit browser on my 64 bit home machine.
    Checked all the addons and eventried witout, no luck. System is 32 bit and using 32 bit IE. I am leaning towards possible malware and also pebkac error with this client, but still has me puzzled with oter PC's.

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Can't say I've encountered the issue on any client machines. Are they running any 3rd party firewalls, antimalware tools, or security suites that might be at fault? The only thing I can think of with IE offhand might be compatibility mode issues.
    Have tried the compatabilty mode still did not work. Antivirus is MSE and only Malwarebytes is used once in awhile. No security suites at all. Had them use firefox for some of the sites that wouldn't open. They informed me this doesn't work anymore either.

I've had something similar occur while confirming my seat on a flight with the Delta Airlines website from work (IE8).

The popup for the boarding pass worked, but could not be printed (just froze).

I didn't have time to troubleshoot so used Chrome instead. No problems at all with that browser.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Just a quick update: Got back to the client's place since I had more time to spend and ran combofix then malwarebytes all in safe mode. Found numerous entries of some rebate program. Cleaned it all up and everything works like a charm. Thanks for everyone's help.