Reformat of My HDD Windows XP Sp 3

Thread: Reformat of My HDD Windows XP Sp 3

Reformat of My HDD Windows XP Sp 3

I have to do a “Reformat of My Windows OS on my Dell Inspiron Desktop (Win Home Edition) Disc I had a real bad time last time” but at least this time I can download all the Drivers, MS Net framework 4 and Sp3' before I start I was going to Download them to my 1 Terra-byte Western Dig HD formatted to NTFS . I have 4 partitions in that E/F/G/H but how do I reinstall them to C:\ from the Western Digital is it just a case of Right Click > Move To > C:\
    I have several 32 gig NTFS USB's also. I just wanted to know how to download and save every thing I have and be able to Transfer it Back to Drive C:\ later. All my music and eBooks etc are on the Terra If i copy My Doc's and Programs Folder over can I just copy them back later what about all my other Picasa stuff and photo's.

I remember I had a real bad time trying to get the Drivers. The Drivers on the Dell Inspiron Disc are not the only ones required (Can I use other types of Driver's) I spent day's with a Lap Top trying to find and install the Right Drivers from the Dell Drivers Site. It was a nightmare and trying to find and install MS Net frame was even worse and Firefox is not even compatible with it! the only reason I have to do all this is that I have been running CCleaner and it's Reg-cleaner weekly for 7 years and never had any trouble and this time it's damaged the Registry Eg: No Search, Help and Support, System Restore, or Run Command so a hard lesson well Learn't but at the moment I have a near perfect computer so I can prepare this time and do it at my leisure. can someone help Please

First: yes just copy what you want saved to the external harddrive.
    Second: There is no use copying the program folder as you cannot move the installed programs. They need to be completely re installed. I would make a completely separate folder called drivers that I downloaded and saved the files from Dell to.
    Registry cleaners are nothing more then registry tashers. Its going to happen no matter what. It's only a matter of time. Your just lucky it didnt happen sooner.
    Firefox is compatible.
    Getting the drivers from dell is as easy as going to dell support and putting in your service tag number and windows version.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Thanks very much Ferrit, great avatar, I had not so much trouble finding the Dell drivers as for trying to install them that's when it all went Sad. Do I need to Download <Microsoft .Net Framework Assistant> and install that before trying to install the Driver's if not good Thanks again Dasha

Installing usually requires you to install in an order. Ordinarily you need the chipset drivers then the video then sound and network and such. But since its a dell and likely an intel I would say absolutely do the chipset first
    Here is the dotnet download
    http://www.microsoft.com/net
    It isnt required right away but you will need it eventually.
    Good Luck
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Thank Mate Dasha

You just have to copy all your personal data i think. There is no need to copy anything related to windows xp SP3. If you are formatting the whole hard disk then there is no need to copy your C drive. Just make a list of the software that you will be re-installing after the new fresh copy of your windows.