What are you listening to right now?
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

What are you listening to right now?

Right now my eldest daughter is listening to Fleetwood Mac's greatest hits cd, and enjoying it immensely. I must admit I never thought this style would appeal to her generation, but it seems like timeless hits will always be in demand. She also loves the Rolling Stones... Go figure!
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Luciana Souza - The New Bossa Nova - very suitable for listening to and not listening to - enough of interest to sustain close listening - quiet and understated enough for pleasant background music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB1HaRbB93o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciana_Souza

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ana+souza&aq=f

It is my pure and virtuous heart that
    gives me the strength of ten!

I'm a bit off color on my tastes. Music that isn't cheery makes me smile. I listen to bands none of you ever heard of such as:
    God Module, Suicide Commando, Funker Vogt, Front 242, Velvet Acid Christ, and well there's more we'll leave it at that list. Yes I'm sure all of you will have something negative to say about my music if you find it lol.

Oh and when I'm not needing a hyper beat to keep me in pace I listen to Classical. Beethoven can never get old.
    Last edited by Niclo Iste; February 23rd, 2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Because editing is fun!
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Nice link, House! I really enjoyed her video. I must admit I have never really heard that style of music before, but I can hear its influence in certain popular stars of today.

Niclo, can you find any video or audio links to the groups you mentioned? I'd like to listen!
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Adverts.... I am doing the ironing... well supposed to be, while watching TV.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Listening to the sounds of the servers, switches and A/C unit in my server room as my school does not feel that I am good enough for an actual office so they stick me in the basement with the servers.

That and the voices in my head that are saying REDRUM REDRUM
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

!!! Redrum!!! !!! Redrum!!!

Nur yawa!!! Nur yawa!!!

There is an interesting story behind the genesis and recording of the song:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighting_Man

Last edited by houseisland; February 24th, 2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: bad spulling

Right now, I'm listening to Davy Graham's Hat, and specifically, Hornpipe for Harpsichord Played on Guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Davy Graham
    Ahhh... the cornerstone foundation of an entire movement.

Interesting sound, Slgrieb!

Thanks for the link as well, House! I find it interesting that Mick doesn't even like the song.

Right now, I'm listening to John Mayer on Austin City Limits. My wife made me do it. She told me I really needed to listen to him and not blow him off with nasty disparaging remarks like the last time she made me listen to him.

Wow! Am I ashamed! I just can't remember making any disparaging remarks about this boring, derivative musical non-entity previously. I must be getting old!

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Right now, I'm listening to John Mayer on Austin City Limits. My wife made me do it. She told me I really needed to listen to him and not blow him off with nasty disparaging remarks like the last time she made me listen to him.

Wow! Am I ashamed! I just can't remember making any disparaging remarks about this boring, derivative musical non-entity previously. I must be getting old!
    I am confused here. Disparaging remarks about John Mayer? I mean he has all the depth and sincerity of Michael Bolton. In fact maybe he is the Michael Bolton for a new generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Guts3d View Post
    Nice link, House! I really enjoyed her video. I must admit I have never really heard that style of music before, but I can hear its influence in certain popular stars of today.

Niclo, can you find any video or audio links to the groups you mentioned? I'd like to listen!
    I apologize I forgot that I even got a response on here and meant to come back and post links. I'm going to try and post the more palatable songs that wouldn't hurt the ears of many of you.
    None of the videos are the bands just fan made ones. Most of the bands don't have videos. If anything just listen don't watch.

Lunacy by God Module

Face of Death by Suicide Commando

Cold War by Funker Vogt

And just for giggles

Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven

I can't wait to see what you have to say lol.
    Last edited by Niclo Iste; March 4th, 2009 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Mapped links that weren't as gory or looked totally stupid to watch
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.