A bit of radio history!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A bit of radio history!

Quite an interesting read indeed!!

http://web.archive.org/web/200903261...df/1927act.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
    Thanks for the link, but it didn't work for me. I look forward to your fixing the problem so I can enjoy it.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    thirteen pages of who gives a crap. I am not reading that. Why don't you summarize your point of view, so that we can decide whether or not we want to read that? I'm 53, I don't have time to waste.
    Sergeant WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb
    Thanks for the link, but it didn't work for me. I look forward to your fixing the problem so I can enjoy it.
    Hmm click the link @ the bottom that says "Impaitent?" and it will load the page buddy

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    That is eleven pages. What are you trying to say?
    Sergeant WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician View Post
    That is eleven pages. What are you trying to say?
    Yeah, back in the day, I was a Radio-TV-Film major at the University of Texas at Austin. I bet that between required courses in the Department of Communications. Pre-Law, and Political Science courses I took I've got a better grounding in all U.S. laws governing fair use and copyright than you have Dude.

It isn't enough to simply cite a law, and assume that makes a point. If you want to debate the current crappy state of U.S. copyright law, it's helpful if you can pinpoint an issue we can discuss. Is the industry inspired Digital Millennium Copyright Act legislation that has overturned nearly a century of legislation and legal practice an abridgment of citizen rights ? Yes. Do you really understand the issue? I doubt it. Henceforth, if you respond to any of my posts, you will address me as Sensei.

I don't know, I mean I find it more interesting to read federal documents that were written prior to the 1960s. They always seemed more to the point and not full of double sided vague terms like todays documents. So just looking at that was good enough for me. Sometimes you just have to stop and see the forest for the trees.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Niclo Iste View Post
    I don't know, I mean I find it more interesting to read federal documents that were written prior to the 1960s. They always seemed more to the point and not full of double sided vague terms like todays documents. So just looking at that was good enough for me. Sometimes you just have to stop and see the forest for the trees.
    I think Dude111 has a habit of not coming to the point (Except for his problem with the pending software upgrade) and I find that both annoying and frustrating. What is the sound of one hand not clapping?

I just dont like things GETTING WORSE,quality going down... What is wrong with that??

Quote Originally Posted by Niclo Iste
    I don't know, I mean I find it more interesting to read federal documents that were written prior to the 1960s. They always seemed more to the point and not full of double sided vague terms like todays documents.
    Yup im glad you can see this also.... Stuff was MUCH BETTER back then..... Quality was 100% better,people cared about what they did,etc.......

I think its very well written!

I just dont like things GETTING WORSE,quality going down... What is wrong with that??

Yup im glad you can see this also.... Stuff was MUCH BETTER back then..... Quality was 100% better,people cared about what they did,etc.......

I think its very well written!
    There's nothing wrong with being passionate and committed. If you want to persuade people, you need to focus on practical issues that motivate them or find a way to inspire them. All the same, don't fall into the trap of believing in a "Golden Age". That's all myth and wishful thinking. Time is a one way street. You can make tomorrow better, but you can't make it yesterday.

Ya I know buddy

You wouldnt believe how many perfectly good VBB sites i have lost to VB4,i think its horrible and I dont know why other ppl cant see how bad it is compared to sites like this right now on vb3.7.3!!

Isnt it beautiful here?? The nice colours,the speed of the site,etc.........

Absolutely NO REASON to change it,especially when the change is crap compared to this!!

I dont wanna make anyone mad but its important to realise how lucky we are to have the nice things we have (ESPECIALLY NOW) and its important to try and fight for the good when you see good being replaced with bad........ Otherwise your whole world will be filled with the garbage of today!!!

The past was BETTER for many reasons......

The past is the past is the past is the past and it's
    NEVER coming back.
    That's the bottom line
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Well we need to fight for what we know IS BETTER ferrit!! (Most have lost the ability to fight for anything)

Do you wanna be surrounded by garbage?? (In the world,etc)

If not,the time to speak up IS NOW!!

Well we need to fight for what we know IS BETTER ferrit!! (Most have lost the ability to fight for anything)

Do you wanna be surrounded by garbage?? (In the world,etc)

If not,the time to speak up IS NOW!!
    I would say you have no idea who or what i am and whether I fight for anything or not.
    Let me just say I pick the battles i think I have any realistic chance of changing.
    I see little use in ranting about radio and forums that work whether they are blue ,green yellow or red.
    Pretty much irrelevant i would say.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Yes but if the site is WORKING,why change it to something that looks like crap???? (For no reason) and is slower????