Inspirion One All-inlone

Thread: Inspirion One All-inlone

Inspirion One All-inlone

Trying to format and install Win8 on this machine. It came in with a problem and she just wanted win8 on it. It starts and see's the DVD then the win8 logo pops up and it stalls. I have also tried win7 (original) and xp and they all stall at the same spot. XP stalls at starting windows and 7 stalls as soon as you see the win7 splash screen. I have also tried removing the hard drive, different memory and a different DVD and it just stalls. At one point win8 said there was a hardware issue and it was gathering info but it just stalled there. This machine is a all in one with a touch screen.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

Sounds like it may have a harddrive issue.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Well I pulled the hard drive out you think it would get to the point to install the system and it wouldn't find a drive would it not? It don't even get to the first point where you click on install and it shows what language. Starts the dvd first splash screen pops up and stops.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

i bet on ferrit,,it is the only thing i can think of,you tried everything else go Ferrit

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Try booting a Ubuntu live dvd. Does it boot?
    Sergeant WOTPP

Some newer computers have a setting in the BIOS to change the SATA settings from ACHI to ATA or IDE. I would switch that setting and give it a try.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

With a dead drive or without a drive at all it should boot to the o=point where it shows you there is no drive and as another asked it won't even boot with the UBCD or boot with anything. Win 8 shows a logo then stops as does win7 and xp gets to the pont where it says windows is starting and it stops there. Nothing will load at all. Drive was tested with seagate tools and hitachi drive test. It is a seagate. Memory tested OK with memtest and memscope.

I would change drive just for grins. Your drive may have issues the utility cannot see.
    Last thing I remember, running for the door,
    I had to find the passage back to the place
    I was before.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Use an external dvd. Set it to boot in the bios.
    Sergeant WOTPP