Hao123 toolbar

Thread: Hao123 toolbar

Hao123 toolbar

Hello, can someone please tell me how to remove the Hao123 toolbar from my computer. I tried to delete it from Control Panel and from my browser, but i couldn't find the toolbar there
    I am using firefox and windows 7

Hello,

This appears to be an infection. Have you attempted using any malware clean up tools such as Malwarebytes.org? Once you try that let me know the results. I can look into more info for you.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Also are you using any antivirus protection?
    Are all the windows updates done?
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Hello,
    Actually, i don't have an antivirus program, but after doing some searching it turned out this was the only way to remove the toolbar from my computer. I read here http://www.americanpendulum.com/2012...ao123-toolbar/ that it is a hijacker and it is the one that is redirecting me to all kinds of pages. So i downloaded an av program and i did a full scan. It seems like it is gone now.
    Ferrit, yes my windows is updated, but i guess not having an antivirus tool was the real problem. Lets hope now that I have one, that this will not happen again
    Thank you

Glad to see you beat the infector. I want to give advice though. AV are in a large majority of cases terrible at blocking or even removing malware. It is still wise to have an antivirus installed on the pc but I also suggest doing routine scans with anti-malware programs to keep the computer clean. I suggest using Malwarebytes due to the ease and effectiveness of the program, or do as I prefer and use a-squared a2cmd command line scanner. Using those on a regular basis coupled with an anti-virus should keep you in a better standing. To even be better off always update your java and flash and uninstall the older versions afterwards. The final step is be careful of what sites you visit and what programs you choose to install. Doing all of this should be the most effective way to keep your PC safe but keep in mind you can never be 100% secure.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Malwarebytes Antimalware has a one time registration fee of 25 bucks with lifetime updates, and probably the best site blocking of any antimalware or AV product. Well worth the price.

I like my Trend Micro Worry Free Bussiness for blocking sites and at the office we use a SonicWALL that we block sites and various crap with and man blocking at the router is way better than at the PC level.
    Can't never did anything except whine about what he couldn't do.
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

http://www.northernaurora.com/page/index.html
    http://www.northernaurora.com/page/chat.html Free Chat

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Malwarebytes Antimalware has a one time registration fee of 25 bucks with lifetime updates, and probably the best site blocking of any antimalware or AV product. Well worth the price.
    I keep my clients in the free product. Is there a difference? They do use a virus detection program, such as Microsoft Security Essentials...
    Sergeant WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician View Post
    I keep my clients in the free product. Is there a difference? They do use a virus detection program, such as Microsoft Security Essentials...
    Well, MBAM Pro does autoupdates, can be configured to do automatic scans (though this isn't the default setting), includes site blocking, and let's users do a Flash Scan which is essentially a scan of processes in memory.

I really like their site filtering. It's much more effective even than NOD32. Why I really started encouraging clients to go Pro, was that I just kept seeing too many outdated databases and old program versions. I like to sell service agreements, but lots of small businesses aren't interested. Home users? Oh, Hell no.

So if found myself in a lot of situations where a customer had an obvious infection, and would say something like "I run a weekly scan with my AV software and Malwarebytes, and everything is clean." Well, too often, I was seeing scenarios where MBAM's database was a year and a half out of date, and the program version was that outdated as well.