Thanks Ferrit.

I'm preparing to buy/build a new computer, and I want a desktop that will do everything.
Virtualization that is capable of running anything in a VM at or near native speeds.
From what I have gathered from a bunch of googling is that the system you have set up will do that, with the right software.

But, there are others that say that the AMD FX is too power hungry, runs hot, and all that. You know, "the i7 is better even with less cores, due to its the single-threaded speed." The i5 is closer in price, but I don't know.

Have you run into any problems or have issues that would cause you to rethink your choices.

I've seen good reviews on the Gigabyte 990XA. Does Gigabyte do it better? or are all the 990XA MBs about the same?

I may or may not get an SSD at this time, or will I kick myself If you don't get one, or two.

I see you have 1600 ram. At 32 Gigs, going up to higher speed would probably not be worth the additional cost? right?

The 7770 is a good card and supports passthrough, steam, et al.
Would upgrading to the R7 or R9 be a worthy upgrade?

I might go a little bigger on the power supply in case I would want another video card.

Back to the processor. You know heat is the enemy of all electronics. I'm concerned it's lifespan will be shortened.

Thoughts?