sonciwall tz105w and wd mycloud ex2

Thread: sonciwall tz105w and wd mycloud ex2

sonciwall tz105w and wd mycloud ex2

I have tried the WD forums and they were not very helpful. Even the Sonicwall forums are trash.

My issue is that I can access the cloud internally with no problems. When trying to access remotely using the WD MyCloud App, I get a connection error. I have setup port forwarding using the Sonicwall wizard and even manually using the guides on the dell support site. The ports are correct and the IP address is correct. I am constantly getting a failed connection status and told to verify my connection to the internet. I know the cloud is connected to the internet because when I told it to check for a firmware update, it went out and found a new firmware to download. It just cannot establish a connection to its own servers. Is there something that I am missing? I didn't have this problem before getting the TZ105W. But I suspect that was because I had UPNP enabled on the old router and it configured itself accordingly. I know this one does not have that capability (well, none that I am aware of). Any help would be greatly appreciated. If any more information is desired, just ask!

Thanks!

I'll give these a shot and let you know.