Please Help. Radeon 7500 AIW & Windows XP = Headache

Thread: Please Help. Radeon 7500 AIW & Windows XP = Headache

Post Please Help. Radeon 7500 AIW & Windows XP = Headache

Alright, got this brand new custom built machine, with a Gigabyte motherboard and P4 processor. Trying to install a Radeon 7500 All In Wonder Video Card. Went to ATI's site for the latest driver.

Card is installed and machien booted, windows was able to use this card to give the proper colors and resolution (800x600 and 16 bit color) but it recongnizes the Video card in the Unknown Devices category as VGA Device. Well, I have no idea how to make it a VGA device in XP so I run the updated driver software. It won't install the drivers because it couldn't detect the card as a VGA Device. I assume the reason why it is doing this is because it's in the Unknown Category and not the Display Device category. I just can't make this thing register as a VGA card in the right spot. Anyone else out there share my headache?

You probably need to install the card with Microsoft's standard VGA drivers and then it'll let you install the software from ATI. I was having basically the same problem with a Radeon 7500 and had to install the standard vga graphics driver before I could install the actual ATI drivers.
    "If there's a better use for the Internet, I haven't found it."
    -Homer Simpson