ATI 8500DV Problems

Thread: ATI 8500DV Problems

Post ATI 8500DV Problems

I have an ATI 8500DV All-In-Wonder. Everything is fine except the tv picture quality. The lower channels from 3 to about 30 look fine, but past there the picture looks like crap. I have tried the latest release drivers and the beta drivers. Anyone else have this problem?

i talked to a friend of mine today and he's is having the same problem you are. the card works great, (games, dvd) but the tv sucks. he also tried several different drivers. if you find a fix, post it here so i can let him know and i'll do the same.
    take care and tempt not the fates

From gaseous clouds forming around Uranus

this might be worth looking into. go into your mainboards system setup and see if you have a setting called AGP driving strength. if you have this option document the setting you have now and then try messing around with it. since you're having problems with the higher frequencies on the tv tuner changing the driving strength might help you. if it's set at DA try DE or EE, worth a try
    "Oh my beloved Ice Cream Bar, how I love to lick your creamy center" - Ren

Thanks guys, but I figured out my signal was split too many times, so I bypassed some of the splits and the signal got better.