[RESOLVED] voodoo 2 at my wits end!

Thread: [RESOLVED] voodoo 2 at my wits end!

dinje

Post voodoo 2 at my wits end!

Please someone help.

I have an Orchid righteous 3dfx voodoo 2 12mb card.
    amd 700
    winMe
    128mb ram
    matrox mystique 2mb primary display

The V2 card only works when it feels like it, I'v updated to the latest drivers. Now its made winme very unstable. and most of the games freeze (if they start at all)

At first everything seemed to
    work well, i installed the newest drivers from the 3dfx site and rebooted the system. When almost up
    (desktop visible and icons apearing in the system tray) ME freezes with a thin green line accross the top of the window.
    The V2 card used to work fine in chained to a Matrox Mystique win 98
    eventually i had to disable the card just to get into windows.
    I downloaded an altered version of drivers, for the amd cpu, and at least it boots up now.

In fact i have tried so many things not to sure what made it work. At one stage Msinfo wouldn't work, don't know how i fixed that...lol

I can e-mail screen shot of my system details, and error messages in system properies

thanks for any help

Alfonzo

It sounds like a hardware problem to me.
    I tried to install a Diamond Monster 3D {voodoo1} and I had trouble with a pin that would always bend when I put the video cable on and mess things up.
    also,Voodoo 2 's aren't supported with directx 8 so that could be an issue, and I have a friend that claims to have some video problems with a STB Black Majic 3D (original Voodoo2, not the voodoo2 1000) using the drivers for directx 7.