liteon 40x cdr can burn but cannot read

Thread: liteon 40x cdr can burn but cannot read

Threaded View

liteon 40x cdr can burn but cannot read

hello im having this issue that is racking my brain i purchased a a05 pioneer writer and i had a liteon 40x cdr writer that was alrdy in the computer so i added the pioneer and made her the slave on my primiary ide .. and hooked up my liteon cdr on a ata 133 card as primary on ide 2 since i can't use it on ide 1 cause i have 2 hard drives connected to that 1 alrdy..well i boot my computer up and both drives show up fine the problem is when i try to read media from the liteon it will not read it u can hear it spinning but won't read the media if i put it in my pioneer drive the media reads fine so i thought hmm.. so i loaded up nero and put a blank cdr in my liteon and believe it or not was able to burn a cd just fine...took it out after the successfull burn and placed it back into my liteon player....still can't read media..so i put it in my pioneer drive and bam reads it just fine so now i got a cdr that seems to only want to burn cd's and not read em ..but i can burn cd's with it ..so my question is this what could be keeping my liteon which worked fine untill i added the dvd writer not read the media but allow me to burn media..thanks for any answers i get in return the way i have it set up is like this

primary ide- c drive-a05 writer
    secondary ide- 2 hd's
    ata 133 card- ide1- 2 hard drives----------ide2- liteon cdr as master

im using a msi kt3 ultra 512ddr xp 1800

btw i do have the latest firmware for both the liteon and the pioneer a05 and keep my computer up to date when it comes to drivers
    Last edited by tooneyville; November 1st, 2003 at 06:12 PM.