I have yet to put AVG 7.0 PRO on my main computer but I did with my bro-in-law's computer (AVG 6.0 Free) and it scans daily, here is the log.

--

Results of Complete Test, date and time 01/14/2004 14:00:23 :

Testing C:\ volume MAXTOR 5GB serial 986C-9F11
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\USRCLASS.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\UsrClass.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\USRCLASS.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\UsrClass.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\PAUL\NTUSER.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\PAUL\ntuser.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\PAUL\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\USRCLASS.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
C:\Documents and Settings\PAUL\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\UsrClass.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\PRINTERS\FP00000.SHD Cannot open; not checked!
Testing D:\ volume User Files serial 8099-204A
Testing S:\ volume SWAP FILE serial D8B1-7346

Test finished, duration 00:09:48.0 s
12530 objects tested, 0 found infected

--

How come it is not scanning some of the files above and how do I go about setting it up to do so? Is it important that they are scanned or are they locked via WPA (or whatever) and cannot be harmed by a virus? The computer is a XP Home box, just recently installed with all updates and all...

Thanks!