I am running a Dell Deminsion 8100 with Pentium 4 (1.4 Ghz)and 256 ram.
I have a Creative SoundBlaster sound card (version 5.0) and I am using Windows ME operating system

I have not loaded anything new or changed settings recently, but just the other day I was playing an mp3 from Windows Media Player and it would not load, giving me an error 0xC00D11BA: Cannot play the file saying that "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly." I have tried to play and all sorts of audio and nothing works in WMP, but it DOES work if I play it in other programs (like Musicmatch Jukebox)

WMP will load up Video files just fine - But with NO Sound at all...
(my quicktime files play fine with sound in Quicktime....)

Then I tried to double check my Drivers and settings in the "Sounds and Multimedia" of Control Panel... only to find that IT WILL NOT OPEN! I have tried everthing and it will not open.

Again... I have sound via Everywhere Except for within Windows Media Player. (sounds work on websites, at start up, and on every other media or audio player...)

FYI, I HAVE deleted and re-downloaded the latest WMP program and have run Windows update and have all my latest Critical updates.

I do have Norton Anti-Virus loaded and running - and have scanned several times for viruses or worms and nothing is showing.

ANY IDEAS WHAT TO DO???