I have a TViX, which connects (supposedly) to the computer as a USB Mass Storage Device. When I connect it to my computer, I get a 'Code 10 device not working' error.

I have tried it on four computers: two running XPSP2, one running XPSP1 and one running 98SE. I can get it running on the 98SE machine, although it will only recognise the first partition (120G with four 32FAT partitions).

What Have I done? Well, I know the HDD is fine, as I put it into a USB 2.0 enclosure, which works flawlessly. I changed HDD out and tried a 60GB HDD in the TViX - same problem. I took the USB 2.0 card out of the 98SE machine and put it into the XPSP2 machine - same problem. I took the TViX back and exchanged it for another one - same problem. The HDD is set to master.

The drive is a WD120GB, XP2 machine is an Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.4GHZ. I have loaded the Intel chipset; updated the BIOS (ASUS P4PE), booted, rebooted (ad nausea), deleted drivers, automatically reinstalled, manually reinstalled, deleted in safe mode, checked for hidden drivers etc etc.

Anyone have any idea?