Hi,

I have had a MSI K7T266 Pro VER 1.0 for about 4 or 5 years and it recently went bad. I found another refurbished one on ebay that was indicated to be a MSI K7T266 Pro and the picture also showed the motherboard to be green. When I got the refurbished motherboard, it was purple in color and indicated it was an MSI K7T266 Pro2 Ver 2.

I'm trying to determine which motherboard is a more current version to ensure I wasn't sent an older version from e-bay.

Can you tell me which motherboard is more current? I also noticed that the old bad one (green) has Diagnostic LEDs on it, but the refurbished one from ebay (purplue) does not have them.

When the old motherboard went bad, it also fried my 1GHz Athlon CPU. I ordered a 1.4 GHz CPU from ebay as well, but found that I ordered a Duron and not an Athlon and this motherboard only supports up to 950MHz Duron. The Bestbuy geek squad told me the CPU was bad and the refurbished board was fine, but they didn't seem to read the specs on the motherboard. So I am assuming that the CPU I have is good and just doesn't work in this motherboard.

Ultimately, I want to get the fastest processor for this motherboard and make sure I have an equivalent, if not better, motherboard from ebay.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Kyle.