Ok, I think it would be appropriate to break out for a second fom the tech stuff for just a minute and investigate what kind of people it takes to be a computer tech. Not "What certifications do you have" or "How much experience do you have". We all know that people in the tech industry are a strange and unique breed of homo sapien (SP?), and even though we think we're above the brainless twits that we fix stuff for on a daily basis without appreciation, chances are that we're probably right about that. We aren't just the steriotypical geeks who were dark-rimmed glasses and have never had a date in our lives. Some of us know how to party, whereas other take on other intellectual persuits to stimulate us, still others who party, and others who have seen every episode of every Star Trek spinoff that the late Gene Roddenberry was good enough to grace us with.

Ours is not the persuit of fame and glory and our name in light. We go virtually unnoticed in the backgroud, our presence only left by the screws that we turn, the systems we build, and, as we all know, the blood stains we've left on badly milled cases. Yet we are a neccesity of literally millions of end users who, quite frankly, would be stuck with pen and paper, frantically searching for documents in huge metal filing cabinets, sending letters only with a postage stamp, and having magazines as the only source of nude celebrities whose images we enjoy so dearly.

So , to alll of the unseen techies that the world so dearly depends upon, I salute every single of you, and raise my phillips driver to you all!!!

Vince Arias
[email protected]