well, against my better judgement, I went to XP -- after 4 times tryin to install it 5th time was a charm (grr) but she installed and everything was peachie! Ran the updates, everything, its all good.

My personal favorite part my comp is my TV tuner. It proved to be a trip, as with any new os, it wanted to FIGHT big time. Its ok, the good ole boys at hauppauge had it taken care of with GOOD instructions on how to install it with XP...and presto! it worked!!

My audigy (kinda nice to have sound) I knew about bein a @#$%^ so I installed it, rebooted, ran the update, and again, worked!

So I setup good ole winamp, started playin some music....its skipping?! egh, ok, bust out the windows media player, ah its all good. no problem. Turn on the ole tv tuner, I'm back in computer bliss.

after egh, 1/2 hour ...tv tuner isn't working, picture is froze...ok, no problem, close and start it back up, hey that worked....1/2 hour again, locked...grrr reboot. Came back up, opened the tuner, BOOM! blue screen! reboot! hhhmmmmm

At this point I'm goin nuts...I wanna watch the indy time trials, and now I'm missin it, so I'm slighty irritated. Comes back up, its all good, open it up, ah! the time trials. I turn on my AIM and ICQ ...hmm..."check your connection". Check, check, wait, why's my NIC got a big ! on it, OH! the drivers' missing, oooook, reinstall, its all good.

So today, I get home early, power went out so I have to restart my comp, comes back up and says HEY! you don't have a sound card installed. ....ok, FINE lets go. I reinstall the sound card, reboot, TV tuner now doesn't work, reinstall the tuner, reboot, BLUE SCREEN! reboot. AAAGGGGHHHH!!! that does it, -= pulls gun =- yer dead.

And thats all she wrote, when it was rebooting, I stopped it, popped in my ole 2k cd, and I'm back in full force in under 3 hours and everything works (and works correctly).

....I really do not like XP....I really really don't