Setting up Computer with TV

Thread: Setting up Computer with TV

Post Setting up Computer with TV

I need to setup a computer so it can use a 32" TV and Stereo speakers. Does anyone know if this is possible without fancy equipment. Thanks

To get an image on the tv you will need one of two things. Either a video card with tv out or a scan converter. They cost about the same but the scan converter will work on any computer with VGA out. The stereo sound depends on if you have RCA inputs on the tv. If so all's you need is an 1/8" to RCA adapter and an RCA cable (the red and white one). That would just plug into your sound card and into the tv's rca inputs. That's pretty much it.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

I have my home PC set up in this very way though the TV itself doesn't have any RCA ports, I have it connected to my VCR via the Coax antenna cable, then run the RCA plugs from there. I have a video card with RCA video out that is connected to the VCR Video in. My Soundblaster Live card has inputs for front and rear speakers. Instead of plugging in the rear speakers to the rear jack of the soundcard I have plugged this into my VCR. I am running additional cables from the VCR to my stereo, so the whole thing is wired for sound. Works great when playing back MP'3. Have the two front speakers with the sub woofer, and the 4 speaker Stereo. I did have to fiddle around a lot with enabling and disabling things in the volume control and making sure nothing was muted.

About TV out:
    Don't forget that TV's usually Use Very low Resolution and Refresh rate settings.
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence

Banned

geforce2 mx400 with tv out (£64.00) UK plus a small patch lead ,,,,,press AV on tv and your away!!! ,,,,,filter sound out of back of s/card into hi-fi and watch a DVD on the big screen!

might NOT be the best way ,,,,,but its an economical way.

hope it helps