I Need Help ... Please?

Thread: I Need Help ... Please?

Post I Need Help ... Please?

Ok, I got a bit of a problem. I have been asked to rebuild a laptop over the weekend and have it back to our client first thing Monday morning. Problem is, I don't have a quick restore CD for the Aramada 1700 laptop, and the compaq site is useless and keeps timing on me when I am trying to get drivers for the Docking Base. I have been able to grab drivers for other peripherlas such as Video and sound from the manufacturers but I need to get this thing onto the network so I can transfer all the files back onto it that I backed up earlier. Is there any other compaq sites I could get these from other than compaq.com, since they link everything to their FTP server, I can't get any files cause I think there is a problem there (I have had someone else confirm that for me, but if anyone can tell me otherwise, that would be helpful). The Docking base uses a Compaq 10/100 TX Embedded Intel WOL UTP adapter, perhaps Intel might have something? Anyway, any help appreciated, I gotta get this laptop sorted asap, thanks.

This is as far as I can get without knowing your specific model number. Is this the site you were having trouble with?

<a href="http://www.compaq.com/support/files/armada/us/index.html" target="_blank">Compaq Armada family</a>

As Ya_know said, we can't really get very far without the model number and also the OS that you are working with.

If you could post this information I would be glad to hunt around for you.

I looked on the Intel site and there is a facility to search for drivers using "product id". If you have this post it as well.

emr

Try radioshcak.com, they used to have support for Presarios's there, and had the drivers, that was a few yrs ago though.....G
    "give a man a fish, and he will eat a meal, teach a man to fish...."

I don't know how but I was able to log onto the Compaq FTP site (I left cuteftp continually trying).. Once I got one I grabbed the Intel Network drivers I needed and the modem driver (Sound and video drivers I got straight from the manufacturer of the chipset without any problems). Strange thing is that if I try to log onto the compaq ftp site today it still timeouts, not that I need any drivers for it but it is strange that it is still down (I have asked several friends to try and log on too and they too have problems, I just wonder what is up with that?).