Here it is-run scandisk in windows before tsr's load-toolbox must have!

Thread: Here it is-run scandisk in windows before tsr's load-toolbox must have!

In one of the really, really Blue states.

Thumbs up Here it is-run scandisk in windows before tsr's load-toolbox must have!

Thanks to SinisterMember here is a file that will add a RunOnce to the registry that will start scandisk when the wallpaper comes up, but before any programs load. No more starting and stopping. Tested in Win98SE on 5 maachines. Works flawlessly. click the link to download. Post your opinions, please. http://www.together.net/~techs/scandisk.reg
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

Lightbulb

Thanks Techs, just what I needed. It runs great. On mine the screensaver still ran but that is easy to fix. Did you run into the same?

I also used it to run the file I was working on which runs the Maintenence Wizard on startup. By editing the text you can get the Maintenence Wizard to run automatically which deletes unnecessary files and folders, Scandisk and Defrag all before the desktop loads.
    To do this edit the text "Scandisk"="c\\windows\\scandskw.exe" and change it to read "Tuneup"="c:\\windows\\tuneup.exe /autorun"
    I then renamed the icon to Tuneup.
    Then all you have to do is click on the icon, load the reg file and reboot. With the autorun switch it starts by itself. Should make disk maintenence easy. Also remember it will run with whichever presets are in the Wizard.
    Sorry I don't have a web page so it can be downloaded easy but if anyone wants a copy send me a PM with your E-mail address and I'll send you a copy.
    Thanks again Techs.
    Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.

Starting in safe mode and then running scandisk will do the same thing. I do it with my users all the time.

Still, this might save a little time.

Start pressing f8 when the machine begins to startup.

When the windows comes up?

No, as soon as it starts, you know when you first see anything on the screen.

So, when Windows boots?

No, when you fist see the RAM start to count...

Windows?

No...