Temperatures

Thread: Temperatures

Post Temperatures

Hi,

I have just installed a new Abit BD7 with a Pentium 4 1.8A processor and TT P4 Volcano 478 HSF, in the bios the temperature read CPU and SYSTEM, I maybe a tad thick here but are they relating directly to what they mean? how are these temperatures read and where?

Do these sound OK,

CPU idle: 43.c load: 53.c
    SYSTEM idle: 32.c load: 37.c

The cpu temp is usually measured at a point directly underneath the processor. The system temp is taken somewhere on your motherboard, the location varies but check your documentation for the exact location. Tell us a little about your situation and maybe we can suggest some things to decrease your temperature a bit.

- size of case (mini, mid, or full tower)
    - CPU heatsink and fan make and model no.
    - Number of case fans, locations, and which are blowing in or out

I have a Thermaltake P4 Volcano 478 (P/N A1119),
    the case is a Suntek Vantage (midi) tower with no extra fans although it was supplied with a fan that connected right above where the cpu is now, I havn't tried to see if it will fit, this case does have any real place of putting an extra fan in, the main reason I had this case was because it has a removable tray for installing new mobo's

From my experience with P4s, if you have the fan+heatsink installer properly and you put the heatsink gel (don't remember the exact name ) the temp should be reasnoble (30-40 Celcious) that's ofcorse if the room isn't closed up and in direct sunlight.