System error: PLEASE HELP, URGENT!!!

Thread: System error: PLEASE HELP, URGENT!!!

Post System error: PLEASE HELP, URGENT!!!

Can someone PLZ PLZ PLZ help me with Windows 2000!!!! Whenever i try to install something, i ALWAYS get the error message below:

'The Win16 Subsystem was unable to enter Protected Mode, DOSX.EXE must be in your AUTOEXEC.NT and present in your PATH'

This then cancels the installation process. This has happened quite recently, as the program setups have run successfully in the past. As i said before, this doesnt happen to every program i install, just the ones i need most. The last thing i tried to install was OmniHTTPD and NetSupport PCDuo Demo from VisionNetworks.

This is quite an urgent error, as i fear a reinstallation of Windows 2000 is in order if not resolved soon!

Anyone with a solution, or who has experienced this before, can you PLEASE tell me how to stop it!

Thanks a lot,

Simon

I CAN NOW CONFIRM THAT IT WONT LET ME INSTALL ANYTHING, I KEEP GETTING THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE!!!!!
    Micro$oft: Bad Command or Filename

Thumbs up

The error and corresponding resolution(s) are discussed in the <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q103/1/04.asp" target="_blank">Microsoft Support Knowledge Base</a>. Furthermore, you can search for help anytime by accessing the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base <a href="http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&sa=gn&lng=eng" target="_blank">here</a>.

I hope this helps...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

Its okay, ive got it working now. The autoexec.nt file was 8MB in size! When i opened it, it was all jibberish and looked badly corrupt. I think chkdsk had something to do with it, it reported an invalid file size, and supposedly 'fixed' it. Obviously not I just made a new, blank autoexec.nt, and added a reference to the 'dosx.exe' file. Works fine now.

Thanks for your help anyways

Simon
    Micro$oft: Bad Command or Filename