Taliban building Nukes - Not!

Thread: Taliban building Nukes - Not!

Post Taliban building Nukes - Not!

<a href="http://www.dailyrotten.com/archive/159929.html" target="_blank">Taliban Thwarted by Irreproducible Result</a>

<a href="http://www.portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/11/20/wbin120.xml&sSheet=/news/2001/11/20/ixhome.html" target="_blank">Al-Qa'eda's atom plans were spoof science
    </a>

Be afraid, be very... oh wait. Never mind.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

riiiiiiight...... ARM THE "LASER"
    WHAT THE **** ARE YOU READING MY SIGNATURE FOR?!?

ONCE A GEEK ALWAYS A GEEK...

Remember, this could very well be a decoy. They are homacidal, not idiots. Underestimating your enemy is the greatest blunder of all.

I just prey that they never have the knowledge or material to obtain a nuclear device. If so mankind will never be the same.
    Ok brain you don't want to do this , and I don't want to do this, so let's just get it done, and I'll go back to drowning you with beer.

[quote]Originally posted by CreepingDeath:
    <strong>riiiiiiight...... ARM THE "LASER" </strong><hr></blockquote>

"ARMING THE LASER!"
    *The official eating utensil of all WinDrivers members*

[quote]Originally posted by wholeeo:
    <strong>Remember, this could very well be a decoy. They are homacidal, not idiots. Underestimating your enemy is the greatest blunder of all.
    </strong><hr></blockquote>

Very True. The warrior who underestimates his opponents power is doomed to be fallen by it.
    Sooouuuushi!

That's strange, I had heard that the device that they were working on wasn't meant to cause a nuclear explosion. From what I heard they were planning to blow up a bunch of radioactive material with conventional explosives, creating a cloud of radiation. While it would not be difficult to make one of these, getting the materials to do it would be hard, as would getting it into the country. So I guess we're kind of safe...
    So, so busy lately. Oh, where do I start?

[quote]Originally posted by TrackMan:
    <strong>That's strange, I had heard that the device that they were working on wasn't meant to cause a nuclear explosion. From what I heard they were planning to blow up a bunch of radioactive material with conventional explosives, creating a cloud of radiation. While it would not be difficult to make one of these, getting the materials to do it would be hard, as would getting it into the country. So I guess we're kind of safe...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Trackman, you are 90% correct. What they are or have been trying to develop is what is called a "dirty bomb". It is a conventional explosive that disperses radioactive material throughout an area. It is easy to build, compact (suitcase size) and can use very lowgrade (alot of it is unaccountable for) radioactive material.

I just heard this from an "expert" on the Neil Boortz show. Opened my eyes a little.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. Ben Franklin