Windows XP OEMLOGO.BMP???

Thread: Windows XP OEMLOGO.BMP???

Post Windows XP OEMLOGO.BMP???

How do you set the oemlogo.bmp in windows xp??? I havent been able to figure where to put it in xp??

HELP HELP
    Hannibal Smith and Howlin Mad Murdock really do love Mr. T!

are you an end user or a OEM reseller? If you are an MS OEM reseller, the tools for this are in your preinstall kit... i don't recall how we set ours up off the top of my head, but if you are trying to do this as a MS oem, post back, and i'll try and put my hands on the info....
    The unbreakable toy is good for breaking other toys...

We, me and the company i work for , are oem resellers. Is the preinstall kit on the xp cd????
    Any help would be greatful...

thanks

It's on your Microsoft OEM Windows Preinstall Kit CD. Is your company an Authorized Microsoft Reseller? Or are you just a reseller? I think that the preinstall kit is only available to MS autorized resellers-- We put our logos on systems using the preinstall kit, but we are a "Microsoft Direct OEM" reseller, and MS sent us ours kit about 2 weeks before the OEM release in September.

Cool

Ok.... Here is some more information....

There is a piece of software that you may be familiar with called, "Xteq Setup" available fopr download <a href="http://www.xteq.com" target="_blank">HERE</a>.

It is like "TweakUI" on steroids.

It does have an option for changing adding and changing the OEMLOGO, OEM company name, support web address, and model name of computer, as well as lots of othr cool stuff.

Not sure if this is ok to use as an OEM though- better read thru their lisencing agreement.... may not be ok for comercial use.

But-- you could always install it, and the logo you want, then enter the registy entries yourself to get this set up on your system.....

That x-setup will work for me temporally until i can get that preinstall kit back. Thanks for all your help. Saved me in a situation where i really needed that info. Thanks again.

Evan

[quote]Originally posted by Mr. T Styles:
    <strong>That x-setup will work for me temporally until i can get that preinstall kit back. Thanks for all your help. Saved me in a situation where i really needed that info. Thanks again.

Evan</strong><hr></blockquote>

Cool! Glad to be of help! as a side note- i dearched for registry entries after runninf xteq and coudl not find OEMINFO stuff- just found the oem.ini files in the c:\windows\system32 folder... have not been succesful (yet ) in doing this manually.... but i am sure someone with a little more brain power can figure this out...

I just put my oemlogo and oeminfo files into c:\windows\system folder.