Jedi Knight 2
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jedi Knight 2

Post Jedi Knight 2

MAN OH MAN!!! This game is awesome!

Too bad I didnt have a more powerful system to run it on. In big outdoor areas it struggles on this machine (K6-2 500).
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!

I was not impressed. Graphics are only mediocre, and I thought the weapons and gameplay were both pretty crappy. My first impression was that they just pushed it through to market before the movie.

Registered User Morticia Addams's Avatar

Yeah the movie is gonna suck too.

[quote]Originally posted by Milenko:
    <strong>I was not impressed. Graphics are only mediocre, and I thought the weapons and gameplay were both pretty crappy. My first impression was that they just pushed it through to market before the movie.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Pretty much but I am pretty easy to please when it comes to a game.
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!

Registered User Morticia Addams's Avatar

[quote]Originally posted by Tazdrummer:
    <strong>

Pretty much but I am pretty easy to please when it comes to a game.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ummm Ill leave that one alone..
    Im probably already in enough trouble for the Comment on the movie

Really guys? I just beat the game tonite, all like 24 levels, damn it was hard! Such nice graphics, the first few levels are kinda shoot em up boring, but as soon as you start relearning about the force, the gameplay is amazing. The controls are really easy to access, all based around the same key area (great if you have a split keyboard like me) I finished with "Rank 3" on everything, and man, the last few levels you could really do some damage with the force. Best was tricking the stormies to shoot each other
    "Knowledge belongs in the hands of the people"

Havent played it yet.

Im a Star Wars nut, and would probably have star wars bedsheets, if chicks didnt get so turned off by them.

Im avoiding playing it, in order to put off any possible dissapointment.
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

I just picked it up last night, because my BB was out of Freedom Force. JK2 was my second choice. It looks pretty good to me and ran smoothly on my T-bird 800. I'm just having a couple of problems. My lightsaber skills are far from 1337. Those initiate bots are wiping the floor with me. I can't seem to use my force powers, save force jump which is pretty cool from 3rd person. Then again, I only played for 1 hour, so presumably I'll get better as I actually play the game.
    end of line.

I just picked it up last night, because my BB was out of Freedom Force. JK2 was my second choice. It looks pretty good to me and ran smoothly on my T-bird 800. I'm just having a couple of problems. My lightsaber skills are far from 1337. Those initiate bots are wiping the floor with me. I can't seem to use my force powers, save force jump which is pretty cool from 3rd person. Then again, I only played for 1 hour, so presumably I'll get better as I actually play the game.
    end of line.

In the single player game, I'd have to say my favorite move is jumping over a croud of Stormtroopers in an open area and force pulling the whole crowd like 50 feet into the air, whereafter they all come screaming down and THUD! they all dead.

=P
    Danyll

If we live in an insane world, how can I be normal if I'm sane?
    "I'm reminded of the immortal words of Socrates who said-'I drank what?'"-Val Kilmer (Real Genius)

Its fun I enjoy shooting storm troopers

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DSTech:
    <strong>In the single player game, I'd have to say my favorite move is jumping over a croud of Stormtroopers in an open area and force pulling the whole crowd like 50 feet into the air, whereafter they all come screaming down and THUD! they all dead.

=P</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow! I never thought of trying that. That sounds pretty cool. I might need to go back a couple levels just to check that out.
    Hello World

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by WebHawg:
    <strong>Wow! I never thought of trying that. That sounds pretty cool. I might need to go back a couple levels just to check that out.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hehe, I stumbled upon it my first game. Now I try to turn and look up and see how high I threw them and watch them coming down. You'll be amazed how high they go
    Danyll

If we live in an insane world, how can I be normal if I'm sane?
    "I'm reminded of the immortal words of Socrates who said-'I drank what?'"-Val Kilmer (Real Genius)

Welp, finished this game off finally. I kicked the crap out of Desann. It took me roughly 10-15 attempts to do it, but I did it.

First few times, I just jumped down and started swiping at him with force speed on. He just pushed me around and zapped me with lightning. Kicked my azz all over the place.

Next few attempts, I noticed the damn switches on the wall. I turned them on, and all of a sudden a big laser beam came out. I thought,.. geez,.. like it's not already hard enough and now I gotta avoid a laser beam too? But I quickly discovered that it helped me after he forced pushed me into the laser. No damage happened after I went through that thing. Cool!

So after a few more attempts, now I'm switching, then jumping down and then force speeding and slashing. Still can't stop him though. That's one bad azz mutha!! But finally finally finally I lucked out. I did all of the above including force speed. Then I came at him with darkness nearly encompassing me. I slashed, backed off, jumped, slashed, etc. Finally I caught a split second where he tried to throw his saber at me. I barely jumped out of the way, force threw my saber at him, his saber fell to the ground, mine came back to my hand, and I took that split second chance to slash him right across the friggin belly. Whew!! What a rush that was!! All that happened in like 2 seconds. If I hadn't of caught that one perfect chance, then I probably would still be attempting to beat him.

Anyway, it's over now and that was one helluva damn good game!! And thanks again Spiff and Damned Angel for getting me through that one hump. I don't know how I missed that one.
    Hello World

now its time to start kicking butt in multiplayer.

team ffa is fun and so is jedi master.

CTF is getting a little old and is really boring on most maps (hint, jedi mind trick and force speed are all you need to capture the flag over and over again).

capture the ysarmie (sp??) is boring.

my favorite of all is duel.

I would suggest giving them all a fair try though as your tastes in multiplay games is probably a lot different from mine.