Farking Motherboard

Thread: Farking Motherboard

Farking Motherboard

Not sure what happened...I had installed an XP 1800 in my MSI K7T266 Pro2 board..booted fine. Was in windows. I went to MSI's site and grabbed latest bios. Put it to disk, Rebooted machine went into bios and was writing down settings in prep for flash...then machine went dead. I tried reboot, nothing, power is getting to Powersupply...which could be dead..however I tried different ps and nothing as well..So I think maybe cpu bad, I go out and buy a Duron 850 and get everything in, and nothing, no power up no lights it's as if power cord is not plugged in. So. I am looking to get a new motherboard.

I wanna try something new. Was looking at the Soyo Dragon Platinum Edition... sweet platinum PCB, purple pci slots...and KT333 chipset.. Thoughts on Soyo??
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

Registered User The Computer Valet's Avatar
    Sounds like a short to me.

Have you tried running the PC outside the case?
    Cheers,

The Computer Valet
    Mike Whalen

Soyo are good motherboards, but do not expect the same support from them, as from Abit or Gigabyte... they have not so many support engineers/techs working on...

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    If you're in the market for a new motherboard, stick with Asus, Gigabyte or Abit. Don't save money when buying a motherboard, it'll just cause headaches down the road.

I've never seen firsthand the m/b you mentioned, so I can't recommend for it or against it, but from personal experience I've had nothing but good experiences with Asus and Gigabyte.

Remember that the motherboard is the most important component of your PC as far as performance and stability go, it should be the one component that you do not skimp on.
    WWBRD?

Originally posted by The Computer Valet
    Sounds like a short to me.

Have you tried running the PC outside the case?
    I took the mobo completely out. I removed all cards first and memory and cpu. Then I intalled the 850, heatsink, then memory, then vid card. Then I used the 400w enermax PS that was in the case. Nothing. I tried the old 350w I replaced and still, nothing.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

I have used SOYO's Intel based boards with the VIA chipset in the past with very few problems (until recenty).

Decent board for the money IMHO even though Ruslan is correct - support is virtually non existant.
    The early bird may get the worm; but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Originally posted by Poseidon
    I have used SOYO's Intel based boards with the VIA chipset in the past with very few problems (until recenty).

Decent board for the money IMHO even though Ruslan is correct - support is virtually non existant.
    Yeah, I was reading another thread, in another forum, about the Dragon Ultra Platinum Edition board and the E-Box. Apparently Soyo shipped a faulty e-box, which is a smart card reader and usb hub/port that fits into an open bay. Soyo's support response was non-existant yet they did send new boxes to people who RMA'd the faulty one..
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

Another option might be to be to purchase a new bios. You could try the manufacturer, or in lieu of that you could
    try this link
    Last edited by Orangeman; September 5th, 2002 at 01:30 PM.
    Bouncy Bouncy

You may try clearing the CMOS and booting. Sometimes that will work. As a sort of a last-ditch-effort I've also removed the system battery and tried booting with it out. I've probably tried this ten times, and it's only worked once, but after trying everything I could think of each time, the one time it worked made every other attempt worth the extra effort.

ditch that board and get the Dragon Ultra P4X400 board with a 2.5 GHz P4...its far better than an AMD XP and is a very solid board
    Soltek SL-85ERV, Pentium 4 2.25 GHz @ 3.1 GHz, with the aid of a Swiftech Mx4000 heatsink + 80mm Delta SHE fan, 512 MB Corsair XMS 3200 DDR, dual IBM 120GXP 40GB HDDs in Raid 0, dual WD200 20 GB HDDs in Raid 0, Asus 16X DVD, HP 9340i CDRW, Nakamichi 16X 5 disc minichanger, VisionTek GeForce 4 Ti4600, Adaptec 2940 UW SCSI PCI, Mitsubishi DiamondPro 91, WinXP Pro, RUNS LIKE A DREAM!!!!!

"In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary...come again?"

I use this mother board

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/d...=KT3_Ultra-ARU

I can't say anything bad about it.. I bought it because it was the cheapest board with RAID and 333 RAM, but its been solid.. haven't hung up yet. Running a 2000 XP processor in it.. runs great..

Good luck in your selection.

(as for jaskeyjk .. ... )

Originally posted by jaskeyjk
    ditch that board and get the Dragon Ultra P4X400 board with a 2.5 GHz P4...its far better than an AMD XP and is a very solid board
    Have mummy and daddy let you onto their puter so you can upgrade the video card and now you're on the net thingy spewing off about how you know intel is better than AMD???

Check your PMs
    Last edited by Lycia; September 3rd, 2002 at 03:10 PM.
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

Well, since I am 25 and obviously more mature than LagMonster and Lycia, I won't resort to personal bashing like they have (moderators, a little help here...). Excuse me, but my parents don't know jack about computers whereas I've been building AMD and Intel systems for vendors for the last 6 years, so I think I know a thing or two about computers and the computer industry thankyouverymuch...

But to be mature and get back on track to the original post that Lycia has strayed away from, I think that Soyo has a very good reputation for products. I have had good luck with the Dragon for AMD as well as Intel. You shouldn't have a problem with any well-known and respected motherboard manufacturer.

And check YOUR PMs...
    Soltek SL-85ERV, Pentium 4 2.25 GHz @ 3.1 GHz, with the aid of a Swiftech Mx4000 heatsink + 80mm Delta SHE fan, 512 MB Corsair XMS 3200 DDR, dual IBM 120GXP 40GB HDDs in Raid 0, dual WD200 20 GB HDDs in Raid 0, Asus 16X DVD, HP 9340i CDRW, Nakamichi 16X 5 disc minichanger, VisionTek GeForce 4 Ti4600, Adaptec 2940 UW SCSI PCI, Mitsubishi DiamondPro 91, WinXP Pro, RUNS LIKE A DREAM!!!!!

"In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary...come again?"

Please stay on topic....

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Originally posted by jaskeyjk
    Well, since I am 25 and obviously more mature than LagMonster and Lycia, I won't resort to personal bashing like they have (moderators, a little help here...). Excuse me, but my parents don't know jack about computers whereas I've been building AMD and Intel systems for vendors for the last 6 years, so I think I know a thing or two about computers and the computer industry thankyouverymuch...

But to be mature and get back on track to the original post that Lycia has strayed away from, I think that Soyo has a very good reputation for products. I have had good luck with the Dragon for AMD as well as Intel. You shouldn't have a problem with any well-known and respected motherboard manufacturer.

And check YOUR PMs...
    The fact of the matter remains that you have strayed off topic (as I am now ) by saying "ditch that cpu and go get this board and cpu combo" Im not sure about the shop you work at, but 'round here we try to fix things before saying "its junk try this instead" Please dont take this as a but I think you just started off on the wrong foot with that comment
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-