Oh Happy Day!!!!!!

Thread: Oh Happy Day!!!!!!

Oh Happy Day!!!!!!

finally!! after a 4 year wait, i am stepping out of the dark ages and joining the rest of the world broadband style. my new dsl connection will be installed next week. oboy oboy oboy, no more stupid 56k, now i can play CS with a ping under 1 zillion. i'm in a very good mood right now
    take care and tempt not the fates

Welcome to the REAL internet!!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

This ain't your daddy's Internet!
    Floor 1, Room 3572A, Section Cl9, Cubicle 2ZBG-Q45

Re: Oh Happy Day!!!!!!

Originally posted by Buddy Holly
    finally!! after a 4 year wait, i am stepping out of the dark ages and joining the rest of the world broadband style. my new dsl connection will be installed next week. oboy oboy oboy, no more stupid 56k, now i can play CS with a ping under 1 zillion. i'm in a very good mood right now
    You know, I loved CS. I quit playing a year ago when I realized just about everybody's pings were 1/4 to 1/3 of mine. Those LPB's would put a bullet in your head faster than a cat can lick its äss! Really. I always used to be in the top 10% on kills, then dropped off to the bottom third. It just got to be where it wasn't fun anymore. Maybe they were running really fast DSL or cable, or T1 or T3, I don't know. But I couldn't keep up. Maybe I should try again...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

Re: Re: Oh Happy Day!!!!!!

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

You know, I loved CS. I quit playing a year ago when I realized just about everybody's pings were 1/4 to 1/3 of mine. Those LPB's would put a bullet in your head faster than a cat can lick its äss! Really. I always used to be in the top 10% on kills, then dropped off to the bottom third. It just got to be where it wasn't fun anymore. Maybe they were running really fast DSL or cable, or T1 or T3, I don't know. But I couldn't keep up. Maybe I should try again...
    what servers did you play on? before i killed my ISDN line i played on some servers in Seattle and my pings were 100 to 200, not great, but playable. of course there will always be the guys in the 25 to 50 range that will own you, but thems the breaks. hopefully i'll be one of the LPBs here pretty soon.

It's so nice isn't it?

Now send a lot of 2mb attachments to all of your friends mail accounts.

Registered User Stanley_Kubrick's Avatar
    Congrats. Having it at home will change your life brother.
    Jesus Saves.

Gretzky recovers... He shoots... HE SCORES!!!

Re: Re: Re: Oh Happy Day!!!!!!

Originally posted by Buddy Holly

what servers did you play on? before i killed my ISDN line i played on some servers in Seattle and my pings were 100 to 200, not great, but playable. of course there will always be the guys in the 25 to 50 range that will own you, but thems the breaks. hopefully i'll be one of the LPBs here pretty soon.
    Yeah, there were some Seattle servers that were pretty slow, but all the players were showing pings under 25. Obviously, they were all networked and smacking all Internet comers without exception. Most people would play a little while then bail out, being frustrated that all the sub-25 ping people were on one side. In my experience in CS, if you're not pinging under 50, you're dog food...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

Buddy, welcome to the New internet. It's so much more interesting when you spend more time surfing then waiting...

on of the slogans an ISP around here used was "Stop waiting, start Surfing" Problem was that at the time, if you had a problem it was "Stop surfing, Start waiting".

I hope it's a good experience for you
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

my dsl was installed yesterday. WOW, i think i'm in love. i did a speed test and my downloads were 1,100 k a sec and my uploads were 240k a sec. i was downloading fool last night. it was great. on my 2nd round of CS i went 22 and 6 (oh yeah!!)and pings were 60 to 70. i'm a happy man right now. yay for me
    Last edited by Budd; September 6th, 2002 at 04:03 PM.

My Broadband was installed 10th December 2001. Still deciding wheter to upgrade to the faster 1mbps broadband
    Why Do Prisons Use Windows ME?

Because it always Locks Up

(Futurama)