GF4 TV-in viewing software....

Thread: GF4 TV-in viewing software....

GF4 TV-in viewing software....

I was thinking about hooking up a VCR I have laying around to my computer via the TV-in/out S-video adapter on my GF4-Ti4600, and hooking my cable line to it of course. I was wondering if anyone knows some decent software to use for watching TV on the computer that I could use. Maybe even for recording to/from the VCR for like editing with the computer. Preferably free software as I'm pretty broke right now.

Any suggestions?
    TIA

P.S.-Using WinXP Pro, BTW.
    Last edited by DSTech; November 29th, 2002 at 05:11 AM.
    Danyll

If we live in an insane world, how can I be normal if I'm sane?
    "I'm reminded of the immortal words of Socrates who said-'I drank what?'"-Val Kilmer (Real Genius)

If you had video in with your gf card - on the driver cd should be some capture software....

However Virtual Dub is free and works well.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thnx NooNoo. Well, the card (from VisionTek BTW) came with PowerDVD and a coupon or something for PowerDirector. Maybe I'll have to send in the coupon to see about that PowerDirector software. However, I do already have Virtual Dub as I was messing around with editing a few months ago, just kinda forgot about it. Once I find the cables I need to hook this up, I'll have to try it. RadioShack was out of the S-video to RCA adapters and didn't think a S-video to Coax adapter exists. Will have to wait till they get some more of the RCA ones at end of next week.

Thnx again
    Danyll

If we live in an insane world, how can I be normal if I'm sane?
    "I'm reminded of the immortal words of Socrates who said-'I drank what?'"-Val Kilmer (Real Genius)