Battlefield 1942

Thread: Battlefield 1942

Battlefield 1942

Just got Battlfeld 1942. Hope the retail runs better than the demo does. I couldnt connect to almost evey server in the demo. Anyone else playing this game? Just curious.

no but i planned on getting some time very soon but maybe you can help. me have fun playing it

this is the deal i bought a new video card about a month ago to play my new games. every thing was working fine intill about a week ago. i shut down the computer one day and wheni go to play a game the next day it doesnt load, and in some cases some of my games will load to a black screen and then my computer freezes. i have no idea what is going on but these are some of the things i have tryed.
    1.i unistalled all my games and then reinstalled only one but still nothing
    2. I unistlled direct x 8 and reinstalled direct x 8.1 still nothing
    3.i checked out the direct x diagnostic test and every thing is working fine but when i loaded it it said problems with direct sound,direct music, and accessing system information( i dont even kow if it has to do with my direct x)
    4. i reinstalled my sound card still nothing happend and my video card dtill nothing happend
    5.closed all unnessesary running programs in the backround.
    6. put the hardware acceleratare to minimuim still nothing
    PLEASE HELP I DONT WANT TO PAY ANOTHER 80$s for my computer guy to fix it

I had a similar experience a few months ago, I would launch a game and when I got into Gameplay mode, the game would crash back to the desktop. I discovered that it was a bad memory chip. You Could also try downloading latest video card drivers, and swapping out videocards with a spare one.

thanks for the help, so far you are the only one to even give me something to work with but it says i already have the best driver for my video card and all of my games were working fine on my new video card but then it that thing happened and do you know if there is any other way besides buying a new memory and what were your options

As far as your driver goes, when you ckick on update driver, it searches locally on your HD, not the internet unless you specify it. What Graphics card did you get Nvidia, or ATI, check there web pages for updated drivers. Just my opinion but I would update my drivers anyways.

Memory: I actually had 2 memory sticks in my PC at the time, 1 was a 512 K stick, and the other was 128K stick. I removed the 128 K Stick first and thats when the problems went away. If you only have 1 memory stick and cant swap it out for another, you may have to bite the bullet and take it to a PC repair place, or atleast take the memory out, bring it to a local pc place and see if they have a similar chip they could sell you. They may even be able to test it for you. You could always RMA it if thats not the problem. If they allow that..

And hey ya never know, you could have a videocard gone bad too.. but I would check the memory and drivers first.

thanks

thaks for the help again and ill make sure to check things out

To get back on topic.......

If you got the retail version, make sure you get the latest patch that came out a couple days ago, version 1.2.
    It drastically improved the framerates and hit detection, among other things. I used to get a slideshow (more like just spread out frames or really fast slideshow) at 1024x768 with all Antialiasing, etc turned off. Now I'm running at 1280x with AA and anistrophic filtering on and it's smooth as silk.

Also, if you had to use a refresh rate thing to get the demo to run, you will need to do it for the retail. Any questions about it (like if it kicks you back to the desktop right after you run it with no error or anything) post here and I'll get you the info.

FYI, current system relevant info is:
    1.7GHz P4
    Shuttle AV40 Mobo
    768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial RAM
    SB Live! Gamer
    VisionTek GF4 Ti4600
    Using 40.71 Dets, latest Live!, and VIA drivers from a few months ago.
    Last edited by DSTech; December 1st, 2002 at 06:22 AM.
    Danyll

If we live in an insane world, how can I be normal if I'm sane?
    "I'm reminded of the immortal words of Socrates who said-'I drank what?'"-Val Kilmer (Real Genius)

Game runs great!! I havent tweaked any graphic settings yet, but its running smooth as silk.. I doubt I can tweak to much thogh considering my system specs...

AMD 1gig
    KT7A-Raid mobo
    512 K Ram
    2 IBM deskstars raid 0
    Geforce2 ultra 64 ddr
    sblive value

Probably gonna build a new system sometime next year..

I am playing the demo right now. Runs good on my old vid card but I am thinking of updating the GeForceDDR and maybe the sound.

Love the game. Definately a high bandwith game.

Just an update....

I'm now using NVidia 41.09 Dets and VIA Hyperion 4in1's with no problems.

As a side note, I gained 250 3DMarks with the new drivers. I now get almost 8900 marks.
    Danyll

If we live in an insane world, how can I be normal if I'm sane?
    "I'm reminded of the immortal words of Socrates who said-'I drank what?'"-Val Kilmer (Real Genius)

Ahh BF1942

What a gorgeous set of code that game is. Been playing since the demo came out and purchased the game the day it came out.

If anyone needs ANY help for anything regarding BF then head over to www.bf1942.nl where any and all your questions for gameplay have already been answered.

This game relies heavily on a near perfect driver/OS/machine load so having a sloppy setup will probably result in less then stellar gameplay.

See you on the battlefield!

I haven't played BF1942 in about two weeks now.... used to play it all the time. I have a soundblaster live plat 5.1 sound card, and when I play the game it is just horrid. Pops, scatches, wierd noises. Horrid I tell you. I've updated my soundcard drivers many times, and still nothing that solves anything. didn't happen until after the last patch. Before I had no problems with the game, and now I feel as if I waisted 46 dollars.

system specs.
    -athlon xp 2100
    -ECS k7s5a rev 3.1
    -512 DDR ram
    -SB Live plat 5.1 w/ live drive spdif optical out to Aiwa 200watt reciever

Reinstall windows sounds like registry problem or try downloading reg clean or maybe u have an incompatoble acceleraor, mayb it doesnt support dirext x 8, maybe try mobo tweaking

Been playing since Sunday. If you're ever on a server with a nutter named jaeger running infantry down in his jeep, wave hi before you end up a hood ornament. Playing your own way is so much fun...
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams