ECS K7AMA FSB / Multiplier locking issues.

Thread: ECS K7AMA FSB / Multiplier locking issues.

Post ECS K7AMA FSB / Multiplier locking issues.

Hi, this is my first post here.

Firstly, relevant system specs:

1.2Ghz Amd Athlon Tbird (266mhz fsb version)
    ECS K7AMA Motherboard flashed with latest bios version.
    512meg 133mhz SDRAM (2x 256meg modules)
    Win2k SP2.
    System running at 133mhz FSB and 9x CPU Multiplier.

I'm attempting to find a way to unlock this motherboard so it will allow me to make changes to the fsb and multiplier options to enable me to overclock the CPU. I have made the necessary changes to the CPU to allow this.

I have been casually looking for ways to do this on the net for a long period of time and have had no luck. I imagine it probably isn't possible, however I'm stuck with SDRAM memory and therefore putting in a new motherboard, which normally I would do, is going to require me to replace the RAM also, which will cost me around £150 for the corsair stuff that I would buy.

Also the bios is reporting that its running my chip core voltage at 1.88v, and apparently this should be at around 1.6-1.7 for a CPU such as mine, and therefore possibly being able to adjust this could be beneficial for cpu temperature, should overclocking prove impossible.

I am holding out for a few months until I upgrade, currently I can't justify £270 for new mobo and ram. I'm certain however that I will be able to justify this once I have blown my existing setup into oblivion

Any help on the mobo unlocking problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry......that board has no FSB or CPU settings you can change. I ran one for a few months with an XP1800+.

It should have slots for both SDRAM and DDR. You have to reset a zillion jumpers to change the type of RAM that you use, but they are bundled together to make it easier.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

here is an oc bios... dont hold your breath Click bios, ecs... right click download.

Flash utility here

according to ocworkbench forum... one person has used it successfully... I don't know whatever else will need doing to the board... and personally overclocking to me is something that people do when they have chips and mobos to burn, however, each to their own.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I will try the bios rom tomorrow, thanks for that.

The mobo does have slots for DDR and SDR Ram, It was DDR that I bought however the company I bought it from about 15 months ago sent me SDR, I was without a PC long enough anyway at that stage and they are not renowned for doing anything quickly so I decided just to settle for what they sent me, of course I regret this now and won't do that again.

As for the matter of overclocking, I understand it may be an issue some people object to, but I am familiar with the process and I have decided that its something I wish to try with this hardware.

Thanks again.