Audio Adapter Bracket for Shuttle AN35N Ultra 2?

Thread: Audio Adapter Bracket for Shuttle AN35N Ultra 2?

Question Audio Adapter Bracket for Shuttle AN35N Ultra 2?

Does anyone know where I can get an audio adapter bracket for the headers for the rear channels and center/sub channels on a Shuttle AN35N Ultra 2. Someone wants the mike and line-in connectors on the motherboard, which can do either/or duty for rear and center/sub outs, to be available for use.

Both sound headers are in-line 4 pin connecters, both wired +--+ for two channels each, L/R and C/S.

I don't really care about the SPDIF connector, but if a bracket could be found that has all three connectors, it would be cool.

I could always make the adapter, but I am busy.

In the end it might be easier and cheaper just to buy an inexpensive C-Media based 5.1 sound card which already has all the rear and center/sub jacks.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by houseisland
    Does anyone know where I can get an audio adapter bracket for the headers for the rear channels and center/sub channels on a Shuttle AN35N Ultra 2. Someone wants the mike and line-in connectors on the motherboard, which can do either/or duty for rear and center/sub outs, to be available for use.

Both sound headers are in-line 4 pin connecters, both wired +--+ for two channels each, L/R and C/S.

I don't really care about the SPDIF connector, but if a bracket could be found that has all three connectors, it would be cool.

I could always make the adapter, but I am busy.

In the end it might be easier and cheaper just to buy an inexpensive C-Media based 5.1 sound card which already has all the rear and center/sub jacks.

Thoughts?
    Have you tried Shuttle themselves?
    Also, there are aftermarket "media center" drive bay mount interfaces.
    But....

I have looked at Shuttle's website. They sell a center/sub adapter bracket which is not for the AN35N, but it will/should work with it since the header configuration is the same. It should also work for the rear channels, although it it is not designed for this purpose -- same header configuration again.

However, using these would take up two adapter slots. And they are not easily available in Canada.

Female Mini-Stereo Jacks -- $1.00 Cdn each

CD ROM Analog Audio Cables -- Free

Blank adapter slot brackets -- Free

Drill press -- can't remember co$t now

Soldering iron -- free (salvage item w. bad power cord)

My non-existent free time -- priceless

Don't have a MasterCard.