Shared Calendar

Thread: Shared Calendar

Shared Calendar

I've got SBS 2003 running exactly as I want it, but the powers from above want a shared Calendar system so that everyone knows when everyone else it busy!
    Does anyone know if this is possible?? If so how??

Thanx
    It's not big and it's not clever!!

I think you can run a shared calender if you are running Exchange......
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Free you can use the calender on Yahoo but I like the calender in Outlook everyone updates the info and email it to people that need to know and it works pretty good. However in a large scale biz not sure how affective that would work, could be alot of emailing going on but for 15 20 people I dont think it would be too bad.
    Can't never did anything except whine about what he couldn't do.
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

http://www.northernaurora.com/page/index.html
    http://www.northernaurora.com/page/chat.html Free Chat

SBS 2003 includes Exchange 2003, I would prefer to use Exchange to handle the calendar.
    It's not big and it's not clever!!

We do this with several resources in our office. Create a new user. Something like _ConfRm1 (or in your case _SignOutLog) and setup a Mailbox for that user. Then share the MBOX out so everyone can open and post to it.

From outlook they can open it a few different ways, but most easily it is added to the Outlook Bar as a shortcut and then they can just click on it and include it as a resource when making appts. for whatever.

Hope this helps.
    You Know!?!.....That Little Button that SAYS "Start" in the lower left hand corner!

So you want a shared calendar not for a resource like a conference room or projector, but for all office employees? Well, in exchange you should be able to see when other people are busy by default if you invite them to the meeting It will show you what time are blocked off in there schedule and if you are a delegate you can even see what the appointment is (depending on what level you setup the delegate to be you could even modify, create, etc. appointments in other's calendars).

I think your best best is for everyone to have individual calendars and once they invite someone to a meeting, when they pick the time they can see what hours that person has available.

Otherwise with a separate "community" calendar they will always have to make a conscious decision to post items to the commuinity calendar. I would say take that out of the equation because you can never count on the end user doing things right.
    Following our instinct not a trend, go against the grain until the end.

Registered User The Computer Valet's Avatar
    Another very inexpensive solution is a system called Office Tracker. I've set it up for a company recently. It's a shared calendar system that also publishes to the web, if you want.

http://www.milum.com
    Cheers,

The Computer Valet
    Mike Whalen