MSI K7T266 Pro2

Thread: MSI K7T266 Pro2

MSI K7T266 Pro2

Does anyone have a link for post codes for this motherboard? Can't find anything on the MSI site.

Three beeps at start-up that repeat continuously, no video at all showing.

This is with everything removed but one (tested good) 512 ram stick and the vid card (again tested good on other pc).

TIA,

emr
    Last edited by emr; March 5th, 2004 at 04:40 AM.

Do those MSI boards not depend on those 's-bracket' thingees that you plug in for bios 'decoding' (the ones with the iddy biddy lights ?) - if so the motherboard mannual ought to reference it via a little table .. you can google if it does that though yourself or just post me back something 'rude' if its not that 'type' !

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Do those MSI boards not depend on those 's-bracket' thingees that you plug in for bios 'decoding' (the ones with the iddy biddy lights ?) - if so the motherboard mannual ought to reference it via a little table .. you can google if it does that though yourself or just post me back something 'rude' if its not that 'type' !

Would I ever be rude to you ED?

I'm not the world's best putter together of pc's so am a bit lost with it all. I would have thought that somewhere the bios post codes should be referenced but buggered if I can find them.

Not sure about the s-bracket that you are talking about, is this something delivered with the mobo or requires to be purchased seperately?

Cheers,

Ewan

Quote Originally Posted by emr
    Not sure about the s-bracket that you are talking about, is this something delivered with the mobo or requires to be purchased seperately?
    MSI motherboards sometimes have a bracket that goes where the pci slots come out & plug into a header on the board (so like an additional usb socket might be - some other boards do too - like a built in post tester), if you don't get post then little lights come on & you look 'em up in a table (they also do some mad ones that talk to you as well I think, they are very strange !) - if its new & does it you ought to have a cable - so I guess not.

You went & googled for whatever bios it has & looked & saw what 3 beeps 'might' mean (because it tells you different on every site ! ) ?

You are doing all the right stuff some more for you , psu 'known good' & reset bios to 'safe' & clear cmos, check case headers -speaker wires & HD leds etc (only have power for troubleshoot), tried all the memory slots, checked it takes 512! ??? ..

That's loads of suggestions !

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    MSI motherboards sometimes have a bracket that goes where the pci slots come out & plug into a header on the board (so like an additional usb socket might be - some other boards do too - like a built in post tester), if you don't get post then little lights come on & you look 'em up in a table (they also do some mad ones that talk to you as well I think, they are very strange !) - if its new & does it you ought to have a cable - so I guess not.

You went & googled for whatever bios it has & looked & saw what 3 beeps 'might' mean (because it tells you different on every site ! ) ?

You are doing all the right stuff some more for you , psu 'known good' & reset bios to 'safe' & clear cmos, check case headers -speaker wires & HD leds etc (only have power for troubleshoot), tried all the memory slots, checked it takes 512! ??? ..

That's loads of suggestions !
    Ok, already done the reset bios and cleared, just tried it with only power, tried all memory slots and it definitely takes the ram type and amount.

Have now just tried the processor in a different mobo (which is tested good), used the same ram and vid card but they both definitely work in other machines. I get continuous long beeps which on this board is flagged as being bad processor.

Time to tell my mate to pick up another Athlon 1800 I think and take it from there.

Ewan

So case solved then if not fixed ..