America Bashing - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: America Bashing

Well, I for one like this post....found it briefly refreshing.

I have to say, though, what's all this "thunderdome" nonsense? Last I knew, the rules were "Two walk in, one walks out."

What are you implying?
    It is too late to fix America via the Republicans or Democrats, and too early to start shooting the bastards.

Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis

WOTPP Light Air Support Wing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    And you are illiterate
    stuff the illitracy ,,the point i am making is valid .

this site is made up of people from around the world,

3 posts today

the one above (usa)

one regarding a bomb on fre french railways (france)

my post about gadaffi / blair (UK)

what we (i) don,t want/need is some _______ commenting "Are you kidding, I don't even watch the local/national news. What makes you think I need to know about your world???"

and then kickin off when somebody , joins in a conversation that includes toipics related to the USA.

This is an American Pride thread. Get the #uck out!...

from someone who has just stuck his nose into a european problem , being discussed.

freddy

Banned
    From Afghanistan
    Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 9:43 AM
    Story of the week;

So we are up in the mountains at about 0100 hrs looking for a bad guy
    that we thought was in the area. Here are ten of us, pitch black,
    crystal clear night, about 25 degrees. We know there are bad guys in
    the area, a few shots have been fired but no big deal. We decide that
    we need air cover and the only thing in the area is a solo B-1 bomber.
    He flies around at about 20,000 feet and tells us there is nothing in
    the area. He then asks if we would like a low-level show of force.

Stupid question. Of course we tell him yes.

The controller who is attached to the team then is heard talking to the
    pilot. Pilot asks if we want it subsonic or supersonic.

Very stupid question. Pilot advises he is twenty miles out and stand
    by. The controller gets us all sitting down in a line and points out
    the proper location.

You have to picture this. Pitch black, ten killers sitting down, dead
    quiet and overlooking this about 30-mile-long valley.

All of a sudden, way out (below our level) you see a set of four 200'
    white flames coming at us. The controller says, "Ah-- guys-- you might
    want to plug your ears". Faster than you can think, a B-1, supersonic,
    1000' over our heads, blasts the sound barrier and it feels like God
    just hit you in the head with a hammer! He then stands it straight up
    with 4 white trails of flame coming out and disappears.

Cost of gas for that: Probably $50,000

Hearing damage: For certain

Bunch of ragheads thinking twice about shooting at us: Priceless!

The friendly guys you were shooting at: relieved
    To prove something, one must first try to disprove it.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy

3 posts today

the one above (usa)

what we (i) don,t want/need is some _______ commenting "Are you kidding, I don't even watch the local/national news. What makes you think I need to know about your world???"

and then kickin off when somebody , joins in a conversation that includes toipics related to the USA.

from someone who has just stuck his nose into a european problem , being discussed.

freddy
    Freddy, look back at ya_knows post and you'll see a little after the get the #uck out, I think he was just having a laugh!
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    Way too much to spend the time to refute so many falsehoods but here are a few:
    1)Lets get isolationist. Lets close our borders to Imports and manufacture our own products for our own consumption.
    Gee, I don't know. I kind of like driving my car on imported oil even at 1.80 a gallon. I don't think I can afford 20.00 a gallon which gas would cost if we only used our domestic supplies. I like my 100.00 dvd player. I don't think I could afford a 300.00 one that it would cost if made in the usa only for the usa market. I also like all the products made with the metals we don't have any of here. Chrome bumpers and chromium steel razor blades are kind of nice. But your idea is a great one. Though I will miss the airplanes, cars, medical devices, drugs that we can't make here without imported goods. I suggest you lead the way and sell your car, stereo and house.
    2)we'll have the distinct enjoyment of watching the economies of China, Japan and Taiwan crumple into ruin.
    Unfortunately they could probably survive without us since the other 94percent of the Earth contains all the needed raw materials to produce 99 percent of their goods.
    3)If we truly are bullies, then lets get bullying. I want gas for $.05 a gallon. So, lets OWN Kuwait and offer Saudi the chance to just export to us for free. Now their is a valid point. Uh oh, the Saudis and Kuwaitis just nuked their oil field with Russian nukes rather than let us take it. Bye bye suv's.
    4)If you hate living here, MOVE. Get the **** out. Now you are just disrepecting the thousands of Americans who have given their lives over the years to protect anyones right to try and change this country through peaceful means. But I don't think you really mean the people who "hate" living here. You just mean those who exercise their rights of free speech. The speech you don't like but are powerless to prevent(at least for now) due to a little thing called the constitution.
    In years past there was a rallying cry from people like you. "My country, right or wrong". Fortunately most people realized that it should be "Our country, a work in progress that I must contibute to"
    Have a nice day.

Some good points there lin but you know what... let them bash... THey'll bash you no matter what you do anyway....
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

then why stick your gob into a post yesterday about tony blair and gidaffi ,,,,and then said
    "Are you kidding, I don't even watch the local/national news. What makes you think I need to know about your world???

but stuck your gob in anyway

you stay the "uck out of what u know nothing about ,,,,,and maybe the rest of the world will stay out of your buissness,

you are a hypicritical biggot

go back to your thunderdome.
    The reason I did that whole thing in your thread about Libya and England, was simply because you came in and opened a thread, automatically assuming that we all knew about the meeting. I for one didn't, and inputted what I felt to be a humorous method of extracting information from you, or any other member of the forum that felt like posting.

There are a lot of insults I can take with a grain of salt, but hypocritical and bigot are unacceptable. I am purposely advocating things that may seem like hypocrisy, but it is merely a writing style, so I will let that one go. But as far as the bigot comment…I do axpect and will accept your apology right away...

3 posts today

the one above (usa)

freddy
    And I never stuck my nose into your problems. I merely wanted you to tell me what the #uck you were talking about. Still waiting on that apology...

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    it feels like God just hit you in the head with a hammer! He then stands it straight up with 4 white trails of flame coming out and disappears.

Cost of gas for that: Probably $50,000

Hearing damage: For certain

Bunch of ragheads thinking twice about shooting at us: Priceless!

/quote3)If we truly are bullies, then lets get bullying. I want gas for $.05 a gallon. So, lets OWN Kuwait and offer Saudi the chance to just export to us for free. Now their is a valid point. Uh oh, the Saudis and Kuwaitis just nuked their oil field with Russian nukes rather than let us take it. Bye bye suv's
    /quote

Save us the trouble and expense of nuking it ourselves, see if I care.

Screw your SUV too.

When faced with the need for innovation, this country has always shined. Take away the oil, and the economy based on the price thereof, and those jerks can go back to cooking with camel dung.

I am confident that, though things would be tough for a while, good old American "knowhow" would rise to the surface, and we would be forced to develop the alternate forms of energy already available.

Give me a little "Jetson" car!

Quote Originally Posted by techs
    3)[B]If we truly are bullies, then lets get bullying. I want gas for $.05 a gallon. So, lets OWN Kuwait and offer Saudi the chance to just export to us for free
    So, let's just get these scientists together and figure out a way to suck all the oil out from under them.

It's not THEIR oil, they're just closer to it.
    It is too late to fix America via the Republicans or Democrats, and too early to start shooting the bastards.

Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis

WOTPP Light Air Support Wing

Quote Originally Posted by paraflyer
    So, let's just get these scientists together and figure out a way to suck all the oil out from under them.

It's not THEIR oil, they're just closer to it.

Ooooooh, I LIKE that idea!

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy
    /quote3)If we truly are bullies, then lets get bullying. I want gas for $.05 a gallon. So, lets OWN Kuwait and offer Saudi the chance to just export to us for free. Now their is a valid point. Uh oh, the Saudis and Kuwaitis just nuked their oil field with Russian nukes rather than let us take it. Bye bye suv's
    /quote

Save us the trouble and expense of nuking it ourselves, see if I care.

Screw your SUV too.

When faced with the need for innovation, this country has always shined. Take away the oil, and the economy based on the price thereof, and those jerks can go back to cooking with camel dung.

I am confident that, though things would be tough for a while, good old American "knowhow" would rise to the surface, and we would be forced to develop the alternate forms of energy already available.

Give me a little "Jetson" car!
    It is true that countries when they are forced to rely on their own resources can be highly innovative. A somewhat strange example is Germany making fuel from coal during ww2. However cutting off all imports would force us to develope litterally thousands of new industries to keep our standard of living, not just fuel. In fact I think if left to our complete own resources our standard of living would swiftly descend to second world level and stay there. I wish I had a list but for instance we have no diamond mines, chrome mines, rubber trees and litterly hundreds of other materials necessary for our industry. Not to mention the biggest losses of all-COFFEE and Chocolate. Two necessities of life.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    And I never stuck my nose into your problems. I merely wanted you to tell me what the #uck you were talking about. Still waiting on that apology...
    I merely wanted you to tell me what the #uck you were talking about.

then read a bloody newspaper , things do hapen outside the USA. (or your little corner of it)

you get an apology ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no way ,

you were rude .
    call me an old fart , but u stuck your gob in (and were dammed rude) and then have the ordasity to slag people from uk answering post about america ,,,

go play in your little hole ,

previous comments still stand .
    Last edited by freddy; March 25th, 2004 at 12:23 PM.