Only some sound? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Only some sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    BIOS settings are on Auto...have triple checked!

I have 2 speakers and a Sub. 2 speakers are wired to the sub and there is one lead going to the PC. I am using the line out or blue jack at the rear of the PC. I do not have my Front Panel Audio Conenctors plugged in on the board. The labelling on the wires is nothing what it says on the manual!! So I just left it unplugged. Plus I heard you can only use one or the other anyway? So, I just chose to use the rear jack.

Let me know if I can give more info

Thanks again
    Er Skip..... Got an identical board in front of me now...

The line out on this board is light green.

Light blue is line in,

Pink is mic in.

John
    Last edited by Atodini; June 28th, 2004 at 04:12 AM.
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"

Yeh but I get absolutley nothing outta my speakers when using the line out! I'm using line in cause it gives me sound at least....byt only in media player of course which is my whole problem.

Just switched over to green and get nothing. I have tried every single variation possible in the Realtek sound config in ctrl panel.

Im stumped

Quote Originally Posted by Atodini
    Er Skip..... Got an identical board in front of me now...

The line out on this board light green.

The light blue one is line in!

John

If you are getting sound from line IN you have got a serious problem with the motherboard configuration.

What happens if you plug a pair of headphones into the green socket and set it to two speaker or headphones?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I get nothing as well.....again I tried all variations in the config
    I gave the blue port a shot as well but nothing

For those that know the AC97 config, when I use the blue port and choose '4 channel mode for 4 speaker output', I get sound using the HRTF Demo, but nothing on the speaker test!
    And of course if I go 2 channel, I get zip! I thought 2 channel would be the correct setup.

Are you talking a potential dodgy board? Or config that I may have control over?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    If you are getting sound from line IN you have got a serious problem with the motherboard configuration.

What happens if you plug a pair of headphones into the green socket and set it to two speaker or headphones?

Return the board. If you get nothing on a 2channel headphone setup, there is something definitely wrong.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Gotta go with NooNoo on this one - return the board, it really looks like you've a problem there.

Never seen this with an Asus before, but did have a batch of three ECS boards a few months ago, with almost identical symptoms, all were returned, agreed faulty & replaced. On these, the line out would not work at all, but you could get sound out from the line in by configuring it as the rear speaker output..

John
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"

Thats interesting! This would be my third board if I swap out again! Last one was an epox but wouldn't boot of CD, amongst a heap of other glitches...sheesh this is bad luck.

Thanks very much for your help though guys its appreciated.

Im a bit nervous about changing to a new board as the luck Im having it will be also crappy.

Think it may be worth saving the time and hassle and just throwing a sound card in?? Probably better sound anyway yeh?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Atodini
    Gotta go with NooNoo on this one - return the board, it really looks like you've a problem there.

Never seen this with an Asus before, but did have a batch of three ECS boards a few months ago, with almost identical symptoms, all were returned, agreed faulty & replaced. On these, the line out would not work at all, but you could get sound out from the line in by configuring it as the rear speaker output..

John

up to you. Personally I would get the board replaced. If I pay for something, I expect it to work to specification.

NooNoo is right, first the sound, then who knows what. Best replace it.