USB Removable Storage Device Problems

Thread: USB Removable Storage Device Problems

USB Removable Storage Device Problems

Recently I just upgrade my PC from Windows 98 to XP Pro. I was also using a PQI USB2.0 thumbdrive (flash drive) with driver for Win98. However after the upgrade, the Windows Explorer didn't show the Removable Disk when I plug in the USB Flash Drive. I checked with Device Manager and it shows that the USB Mass Storage Device is detected and no error reported. But the Windows Explorer still didn't show the Removable Disk. Can anyone help?

solution?

i was having (i think) the same problem. "usb mass storage device" was showing up in the device manager, but the drive did not show up in my computer/windows explorer. i finally realized what was happening when i went to control panel/administrative tools/computer management. under disk management, the drive did show up and was assigned drive letter e:\. i was, however, already using e:\ for a mapped network drive, and the network drive showed up, but the usb did not. i just right-clicked and did "change drive letter and path" and assigned the usb drive to j:\, which happened to be my next available letter. after switching the drive to j:\, the usb drive immediately showed up in my computer/windows explorer. hope this helps, i know it drove me berzerk for an hour or so....