Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 41
Page 41 of 176 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Done for today.

Got Fracas up from 4 to 7 with a little duo with Slant (inept) and much soloing.

I must admit that the blaster AT is quite entertaining and satisfying.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Sure thing.

So which character did you want to use?

NeuteredMax or Jamez?

I've got a hankering to bring up my new blaster a bit tonight, but he's only at 5 now, which makes him outclassed by most of the other GoW toons.

What level is Neutramax now?
    He's still lvl 11. I did start up a blaster who is lvl 8 now. Freddy Freezer. He's pretty cool. I haven't play CoH much this week though. Been working my *** off and then coming home to be entertained by the comedy of the republican national convention. Also hacked away at Doom 3 here and there this week. Then we got the long weekend of which so far I do have some stuff planned, and then there's the non-smoking thing. So a lot going on lately. I figure I should be back playing normally by late Monday,.. if not Tuesday evening. I tell ya,.. there's just not enough hours in the day. This whole work thing is really getting in my way of having fun and stuff.
    Hello World

Blasters rock.

I can finally solo effectively without spending triple the time as with my tanker.

I'm trying to work out some details about my CoH time this weekend.

So far, Friday evening, Sunday evening, maybe Saturday and/or Monday morning look open.

Anyone else want to log a few hours in this long weekend?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Registered User Stanley_Kubrick's Avatar
    Hey ppl, long time no see.

I have 2 toons on Virtue, does anyone play on that server? A 20 blaster and a 10 healer.

If not, what server is everyone on? Sorry i dont have time to read all 40 pgs of this thread to answer my own question...

Love yas,

Stan
    Jesus Saves.

Gretzky recovers... He shoots... HE SCORES!!!

The first post of this thread will confirm that all the cool kids are on Protector. Commander Klarg is active on Virtue also.

Most have characters ranging from level 5 to 25 on Protector, so you're bound to find someone to team with.

Any chance you can bring up a character to level 17-20 for a Task Force this weekend?

Just a side note: I have officially given up on keeping the first post up to date with all the characters that have been developed. In addition,.. I'm just not going to have the time or motivation with everything else going on in my life right now to work on a webpage the GoW SG. All I can do at this point is play and hope to see you guys online when I do play.

Other than that,... WB Stan,.. hope to see ya on CoH sometime.
    Hello World

You'd think that with all this extra free time spent not smoking...

We could still post in here for more "official" game dates, for TFs, pick up games, etc - like we do now.

I might take up the mantle for the website... let me think about it a bit.

Could you still provide the web space?

Does anyone else want to contribute?

Yeah,.. I could provide the webspace. Honestly though,.. I thought I would have more time too (5 minutes ea. x 20 cigs a day), but I have been soooo overworked lately that I am just wiped out when I get home and just want to veg out and do stuff that requires zero thinking once I get home. Basically the walls at work are finally crumbling down and I'm trying my best to hold them up and at the same time installing new steel beams (metaphor of course). It's crazy. The mistakes of the last several years from former IT people, plus old equipment is all coming to a head. Combine that with ultra-frugal owners in a micro-management friendly environment and you end up with a pile of broken down Wrbby. On top of that I am quitting smoking and trying to improve my health habits AND trying to keep some kind of a social life all at the same time. It's pure madness.

But yeah,.. things should smooth out soon I anticipate,.. just at this exact moment in time it's just hectic right now.
    Hello World

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley_Kubrick
    I have 2 toons on Virtue, does anyone play on that server? A 20 blaster and a 10 healer.

I do, I have 8 toons there. Right now I play Jet Flash L25, Lidda Highhill L20, and Flux Mk1 L14 primarily. I have 3 others in the 8 - 10 range as well.

Have you guys been on the Test server yet? OMG Issue #2 is gonna rock!
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Klarg
    ...Have you guys been on the Test server yet? OMG Issue #2 is gonna rock!
    I think I'm going to do that tonight.

Just found out about it being up on the Test Server this AM, and I want to see how tankers are going to be affected (if at all) by the changes.

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Klarg
    Notes of interest to tankers, IMO (bold applies to my INV/EM tanker):
    • Slightly increased the chance and duration of stun for Power Punch/Barrage and Super Strength/Jab.
    • Fixed a bug that was preventing some powers (powers that Resist Damage) from getting their Recharge and Endurance Buffed/Debuffed (for example, Hasten will now reduce (improve) the recharge time of Unstoppable).
    • Fixed Moment of Glory and Unstoppable so they properly modified your HPs (sometimes, these powers would incorrectly heal you to full).
    • Increased Damage and Knockback of Tanker/Fiery Aura/Rise of the Phoenix. Also, Rise of the Phoenix will now revive you with 50% END and you will be able to Recover Endurance Normally.
    • Fixed Stone Armor/Granite Armor. It was only giving a 15% damage resistance. It now grants a 50% damage resistance and adds Defense. It now also accepts Defense Enhancements. Other attributes of the power remain unchanged.
    • Fixed Ice Armor/Hoarfrost, Invulnerability/Dull Pain (Tanker and Scrapper), Stone Armor/Earth's Embrace, and Regeneration/Dull Pain. They were not increasing the Max HP as much as they should at higher levels.
    • Stone Armor/Granite Armor no longer debuffs your Accuracy. Instead it debuffs your damage output (to equate to about the same Damage per second as the ACC debuff). This way you can still hold agro as a Tanker (your hits and Taunts will now hit, while still reducing your oveall DpS).
    Not bad at all... but I was definitely hoping for less Dndurance drains...

Glad to see they didn't completely ruin the Smoke Grenade though.

Sunuva!!

Wow,.. once this comes out, I think I will have a renewed, greater interest in this game. Good, they needed to do this. I still love playing,.. but the game really was in need of a facelift. This oughtta do.
    Hello World

Did you check out the entire list, Wrrby?

Some good stuff in there.

Did a quickie this morning and got Stalemate onto the test server.

Took on about 8 trolls (level 12, 2 lieutenants) in Skyway and noticed that my endurance was not going down as quickly, but I'm unsure about the overall damage output. Where it usually took 2/3 of my end to dispatch 4-5 foes, I know found myself with over half my end left with 7 foes taken care of (1 ran away).

I'll have to test it against same level mobs to be sure, but it does look like there is noticeably less drain.